Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
question to those of you buying these bolts.

Do you guys generally send them back and pay to get them reflected or do it yourselves?

I've got 4 chameleons (which I like alot dont get me started on them discontinuing) that I need reflected and I think they charge 4 dollars each. I don't have a fetching jig for bolts, so figure that cost in to start.

Just looking for experiences.

Not sure I'll do spynal taps again, just not seeing the accuracy hype that they get for what they cost. The chameleons shoot much better for me with fixed heads so I guess I'll be on another bolt search manufacturer when these are gone.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I took 9 arrows to my local shop and had then cut down to 19 inches and Refletched with bohning heat 2.5 vanes. Cost me $22.00

·
Registered
830 Posts
Most here purchase arrows. IME, Spynal Tapps are without a doubt the most accurate, cost effective arrow available. If one does not have the tooling or the craftsmanship to refletch arrows, $4 including discretionary items is a bargain. If you can beat the price and quality, i would go for it.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Fletching arrows isn't really too difficult to do yourself. The jigs aren't very expensive. You can do your own custom work, it's rewarding to be able to do it yourself.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks probably will.

With broadheads the chameleon is more consistent for me than the spynal tapps which definitely don't make them cost efficient on my eyes. I just don't see the value for the big price tag. Figured I'd try them based on the hype they get on here, and ime I don't see the value
Most here purchase arrows. IME, Spynal Tapps are without a doubt the most accurate, cost effective arrow available. If one does not have the tooling or the craftsmanship to refletch arrows, $4 including discretionary items is a bargain. If you can beat the price and quality, i would go for it.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Fletching arrows isn't really too difficult to do yourself. The jigs aren't very expensive. You can do your own custom work, it's rewarding to be able to do it yourself.
I agree, fletching is easy. It's the adders one has to consider...spine matched, weight matched, ends squared and fletching done with a Firenock jig. Little things make big differences.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts