Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered some more Tapps I have a set of 16 that fly better than anything else I ever shot so I am sending 2 out to Jerry for him to match . If anyone can do it he can.

·
Vendor
1,614 Posts
I will be looking for them and we will see what we can do

Reactions: Rit

·
Registered
418 Posts
So, were the two you sent the best two out of all? Would really be interested in hearing of the results.
Thx!

·
Vendor
1,614 Posts
So, were the two you sent the best two out of all? Would really be interested in hearing of the results.
Thx!
We do nothing fancy, we index, weight and spine match, that's it. No special expensive components, fact is the only pricey components we offer are firenocks lit and non lit and Ethics stainless inserts.

If we get arrows we made in the past as a template to make another dozen they will be clones, no doubt about it. We will index them, match the spine to the existing arrows then weight match them to the same +/- 1 grain in weight variance.

·
Registered
418 Posts
We do nothing fancy, we index, weight and spine match, that's it. No special expensive components, fact is the only pricey components we offer are firenocks lit and non lit and Ethics stainless inserts.

If we get arrows we made in the past as a template to make another dozen they will be clones, no doubt about it. We will index them, match the spine to the existing arrows then weight match them to the same +/- 1 grain in weight variance.
Out of curiosity why would you not as a matter of process keep the info you build each order to? Don't you already have it if you built previous arrows, wouldn't this preclude having to ship arrows back and forth..?
🤔

·
Vendor
1,614 Posts
Out of curiosity why would you not as a matter of process keep the info you build each order to? Don't you already have it if you built previous arrows, wouldn't this preclude having to ship arrows back and forth..?
🤔
We ship a ton of arrow and maybe 1% ask to have a set match to new arrows. It simply isn't cost effective

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
We ship a ton of arrow and maybe 1% ask to have a set match to new arrows. It simply isn't cost effective
What if you sent a list of the specs with the arrows you build? Then the customer could just email those specs back. Would that work? Or do you need the arrow itself?

·
Vendor
1,614 Posts
What if you sent a list of the specs with the arrows you build? Then the customer could just email those specs back. Would that work? Or do you need the arrow itself?
That would take just about the same amount of time

The best place for the data is in our system on the order itself

Look at it this way

Let's say I sell 12 spynal tapps and record the data it would go like this

Weigh and record the weight of uncut shafts (12 entries)

Then index

Sort by spine deflection (12 entries)
Cut and square

Weigh and record cut weight (12 entries)

Fletch then weight match finished arrows (12 entries)

Then install inserts

Thats 48 entries in the computer or on a note to the customer

Its just not cost effective

When a customer sends in arrows we dont have the pre-built specs so i have to wing it then fine tune the arrow weight just before insert installation

As for spine matching to an existing set isn't too difficult

·
Registered
2,746 Posts

Look at it this way

Then index

Cut and square

Then install inserts

I understand! Take longer to enter data than build,LOL. Thanks for the fast reply!

·
Vendor
1,614 Posts
I understand! Take longer to enter data than build,LOL. Thanks for the fast reply!
Just about, I have for sometime thought i may check into a voice program that types what you dictate if its not crazy expensive

·
Registered
418 Posts

Look at it this way

Then index

Cut and square

Then install inserts

When a customer sends in arrows we dont have the pre-built specs so i have to wing it then fine tune the arrow weight just before insert installation

As for spine matching to an existing set isn't too difficult
Ok shoot me for asking but why you don't have the pre-built specs so you don't have to wing it?
I guess I just don't know enough about all this yet to even ask the right questions so allow me to ask this way:
If / when I want more STs what is the best way for you to build more & will they match what you previously made me?

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Just about, I have for sometime thought i may check into a voice program that types what you dictate if its not crazy expensive
If it's anything like SIRI on my cell,that could be a disaster,LOL! My phone does not understand a word I say and have given up on even trying......May have something to do with being Tn. native.

Reactions: robertyb

·
Vendor
1,614 Posts
Ok shoot me for asking but why you don't have the pre-built specs so you don't have to wing it?
I guess I just don't know enough about all this yet to even ask the right questions so allow me to ask this way:
If / when I want more STs what is the best way for you to build more & will they match what you previously made me?
Because nothing is exactly the same so each set will be different

On a per order basis we can record the build specs for future orders if requested pre-built

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jerry always makes quality arrows. The problem is if you shoot past 60 yards and mix and match sets of arrows. It doesn't matter who you get arrows from at that distance if you are looking for same hole accuracy. Load long range for rifle after 800 yards and a different batch of primers will change your poi.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jerry if it's tough to do don't worry about it. I put another order in for another dozen a day after the 1st order just make both orders the same and mail together. I never mix batches for long range but was hoping. Thanks

·
Vendor
1,614 Posts
Jerry if it's tough to do don't worry about it. I put another order in for another dozen a day after the 1st order just make both orders the same and mail together. I never mix batches for long range but was hoping. Thanks
As long as I have an arrow to go by its not super difficult

But what I will do is once I find arrows that match I will record the specs in your account so future orders will match without you have to send in an arrow

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
As long as I have an arrow to go by its not super difficult

But what I will do is once I find arrows that match I will record the specs in your account so future orders will match without you have to send in an arrow
By any chance,did you record the arrows you built for the Nemesis preorders (Platinums)? I'd really like to have another dozen of them! If I need to send you some,I will though.....

·
Vendor
1,614 Posts
By any chance,did you record the arrows you built for the Nemesis preorders (Platinums)? I'd really like to have another dozen of them! If I need to send you some,I will though.....
No sir if you Send me one I can do that for you

I sent scorpyd arrows grouped in dozen packs and have no idea how they broke up the dozens or who got what

1 - 20 of 31 Posts