Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
6,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If crossbow manufacturers offered their bows with fancy paint jobs other than camo, would you buy one just for target shooting or going to the local 3D shoot? I have owned many compounds that had fancy paint jobs that were used just for target. Just wondering if you guys would ever own a crossbow that was painted fancy enough that you wouldn't hunt with it.

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Target

NO

·
11,411 Posts
I hope we can reach that level of popularity

as did the compound but that's a way off. If we are successful in getting good turnouts in 3D crossbow divisions I can see 3D-only crossbow colors becoming popular. Inevitably there will be those that shoot 3D's and don't hunt. I'll give you an example of my thoughts on what would be a cool non-camo crossbow:) The original Assault Stryker is available in a cool black/gray carbon fiber color stock. Just imagine that stock and limb color in combination with the barrel, hardware and cams in a gunmetal chrome on the Desert Stryker I'm breaking out in a sweat just thinking about it!!!!! Bowtech,.............................Please:p

Attachments

·
342 Posts
Urban Legend said:
Specialized, Lets assume that the crossbow were excepted as widespread as the vertical bows and there was a 3D shoot for you to go to every weekend of the summer. Would you buy one then?
At that point, I probably would, but now mine gets used for strickly hunting, and today I really can't say that I would buy another one just for targets or 3D. I will most certainly buy another one for hunting though.:(

·
1,480 Posts
Urban Legend

I strongly feel that in 10 years, crossbows will be at least 50% of all archery. And, you will see ALL kinds of target competitions so different colors and styles will be abundant.

·
27 Posts
My answer is no will a fancy colored bow make me shoot better no .
I would not buy another bow just to shoot 3D for the simple reason i want to shoot my hunting bow all year so i am in shape for deer season ...:thumbsup:

·
11,411 Posts
Agreed :)

I would buy one for 3D use only........................I need another crossbow anyway:)

·
1,222 Posts
To me...the camo bows are brightly colored...non-needed colors!

There are a few of us that just like the idea of being able to go out in the back yard (or down the hall-way !) and target shoot. It's very difficult to go out somewhere and shoot rifles ahd hand guns now days...so the next best thing is the crossbow.
I also have two compound (vert.) bows. They don't get used that much though. Both of those are also the flashy...camo colors.

When I first looked into the Stryker...and noticed the carbon fiber look-alike color...that's one of the things that helped me fork out that much money for that bow !

One of my two Darton crossbows...is now, just a plain semi-gloss black. NO...it's not for the in the dark, stealth "camo" reason. It's just because it's a "simple", easy to care for color...that doesn't say..."hey...look at me...I'm a hunter". Because...here in the So. Cal. area...many more target shoot than hunt. Even with the vertical bow's.

As for the candy colors, lime green and chrome yellow...not for me either.
Though I may do up my other Darton in a medium tan color...sort of like a single color Desert Stryker! Don't know yet.

Just another side of the story...simple is better.

Mike

·
211 Posts
my fishing bows are all painted with "highly visible" colors, but thats just to make them more easy to spot if they get dropped in the water

·
Banned
258 Posts
Any color would be fine just so it looks like my Ten Point Curve,hehehe!:thumbsup:

·
Banned
402 Posts
cool colors

as for me i hunt from inside a blacked out groundblind,
so the bright colors are not stopping me from hunting with a pretty bow.

·
11,411 Posts
Non-camo finishes will come

when crossbow 3D competition or other non-hunting target competition starts becoming popular. I think we can count on that and it may be sooner than we think.

·
Banned
402 Posts
the best

mooseridge coatings is simply the best, fast turn around time top quality work you can be very proud of, I highly praise there work and camo coatings

http://www.colorandcamo.com/

also fantastic but dipped lifetime warrenty

that carbon fiber look and camo

http://www.h2oimaging.com/services.html

·
Registered
10 Posts
Maybe if I used a matte black instead of high gloss on this one I'd hunt with it. I've done a lot of vertical bows for people that could be used for hunting yet very eye catching to be used for target -- look at me type thing.

Attachments

V

·
0 Posts
No i wouldn't buy a CB that was specially painted to target shoot or for 3-D. what i have is good enough for doing that. paint jobs don't make my CB shoot better.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts