Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently using a Bone Collector target. Stops my slow arrows (325 fps) pretty well, and it isn't super hard to get the arrows out, but about every 10th shot or so with broadheads, I end up pulling the arrow off of the insert, leaving it & the broached buried in the target. I'm about out of target after having cut out enough of it to retrieve a few buried broadheads.

Obviously I'm going to be spending $100ish, but It seems like about every target I read reviews on, somebody seems to leave a bad review saying can't get the arrows out or won't stop arrows from a crossbow.

What's everybody use & would you buy it again?

·
Registered
826 Posts
The Blob Target. Industrial Foam, apply a small amount of string wax on front 4 inches of your arrow prior to shooting. Retrieval will be much easier. Holds up for hundreds of shots. It is on the heavy side.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
377 Posts
I opted for the Big Shot Titan 18. So far I have about 20 broadhead shots and 20 field point shots on it. I shoot a TP Viper S400 at roughly 380 fps, and had little trouble removing my arrows without any additives. I believe I got mine off Amazon for $119 as compared to the $129 Big Shot charges on their website. So far I am quite happy with it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Bought a blob this year and there’s no point in trying another target it’s a beast. Not trying to sound like a big turd 😂 but I don’t think it’s hard to pull out arrows or carry. I’ve had some broadhead targets that flat out suck

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
Buy a Blob. My brother has one that is still shootable in his back yard where it has been since 1978. I would hate to know how many arrows and broadheads have been shot into it over the years (he is a trad shooter, not crossbows). I am about to walk out and shoot a few into mine. :)

·
1,338 Posts
Maybe said this before but iuse a large cardboard box filled with old cut up cardboard of all sorts. Thick pieces best. Some old carpet in the back. Lots of layers. A target on the front and your in business! Put something solid at the back. Of the stuffed cardboard box as a backstop. Target points pull out easy. Broadheads I reach between the box layers and unscrew the broadhead. Slip the arrow back out. Maybe a bit of trouble but it works! When inner layers get tore up just replace with more. Costs nothing!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hadn't seen the Blob target - but now that I see those, I think that is what I'd been shooting into for years. Had an old buddy that ran an archery shop & gave me a couple 'shot out' ones that still worked for me for years - but they are falling apart now. With no label on them, didn't even know what they were.

Only problem, is where to find one. Blob seems to be out of stock.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hadn't seen the Blob target - but now that I see those, I think that is what I'd been shooting into for years. Had an old buddy that ran an archery shop & gave me a couple 'shot out' ones that still worked for me for years - but they are falling apart now. With no label on them, didn't even know what they were.

Only problem, is where to find one. Blob seems to be out of stock.
Find them on Instagram and message them, I did that when they were out of stock and they set me up with one and I paid via PayPal

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Saw that they have those - the $169 price tag is probably why. That blows right past $100ish......to more like $200!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Saw that they have those - the $169 price tag is probably why. That blows right past $100ish......to more like $200!
Sorry for the multiple replies but forgot that when I spoke to him on Instagram he had some different sizes that were cheaper and ones that didn’t come out to their expectations on literally just color and I only paid $100 for mine.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
rhinehart

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I did something I rarely do - went out & bought the first one I saw! I usually like to read reviews from happy owners (of whatever).

But I stopped in the closest bow shop (which isn't much into crossbows) and bought the one the guy running the place recommended - A Morrel High Roller. He said it was the best & easiest arrow removal.

He wasn't wrong about the easy arrow removal. Quite happy with the target. Getting a broad head equipped arrow of of this target is no harder than getting a field tipped arrow out of a normal target.

The High Roller is rated to 450 fps. My son was over yesterday shooting his Ghost 410 & he was impressed with target too - it had no problem stopping his arrows either.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
I am testing the Morrell High Roller 21 today.

I hope to take some pics or maybe even a video.
It is to be used only sparingly to test the occasional arrow/broadhead/xbow configuration, not shooting at it everyday.
Supposed to be good for Field Point as well.

It is very small and very light.
Easy to transport and store.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts