Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
My Ironman Big Shot 500 stops my Nemesis, no problem! I hear the Spyderwebs are good also.....

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I love the big shot also, 480 grain Arrow at around 430fps

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Distance from the shooter to the target is #1 as many targets are over rated on feet per second.
Spyder Web XL No Speed Limit is shoot able from two sides, field point only. There is no jumping
on it to beat it back into shape.

If you view videos on you tube: 1)pay attention how far the shooter is from the target, 2)how much
arrow shaft has not entered the target which makes for an easier removal. 3)Most advertisements
show shooting with a vertical bow which is much lower in draw weight as compared to a crossbow.

Too many of these box style targets coming out with plastic, jute bags and trimmings like shown
on the TV show "How It Is Built" and some only partially full. I have rebuilt some of these targets
and this is what I have found. Some companies offer warranty but this is only for a target cover.

Wishing you all the best with what ever you choose.
Take care.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My spyder web no speed limit lasted about 200 shots. Had to make my own marks on different parts of the target so that the fletching didn’t go all the way in. Iron man is doing great so far. 470gr arrow at 410fps, 90% of my shots were from 30 yds.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My spyder web no speed limit lasted about 200 shots. Had to make my own marks on different parts of the target so that the fletching didn’t go all the way in. Iron man is doing great so far. 470gr arrow at 410fps, 90% of my shots were from 30 yds.
That sucks that’s about what I’ve got on mine luckily it’s still holding up I’d contact them maybe they can fix you up on another target most companies I’ve dealt with stand by their products so who knows maybe they will take care of you, you should get more than 200 shots out of any target though.
I know when I had problems with one of of my Rhinehart targets they replaced mine with no problems great customer service. I’d have to admit my favorite one for field points though is the morrell I’ve got over a thousand shots on it shooting crossbows and compounds into it and it stays outside all year long it has held up great it does need a new cover for it but they sell them separately through the company.

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Contact Kelly Branch: [email protected]
Phone: 269-982-8003
He is the owner and will fix you up.
Take good pictures of both sides of the target and attach them to the email.
They started making the target denser for the 450fps and faster bows late last summer.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Check out the bulldog targets for field point use. I have the tenpoint RS470 and it stops the bolts great and you can pull them out using two fingers. Plus lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Check out the bulldog targets for field point use. I have the tenpoint RS470 and it stops the bolts great and you can pull them out using two fingers. Plus lifetime warranty.
I have the bulldog plus just haven’t used it yet

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Before buying a Bull Dog Series target, I would check out what the life time warranty covers.
I believe it is just replacement covers with the customer possibly paying the shipping.
I have the 450 Plus series. Opening them up I found large pieces of plastic in the middle.
The packing resembles large rolls of cotton batton that when it gets shot often enough it
will pack into itself ending up garbage. There is no beating this target back into shape due to
the way the packing ends up. I litterly tore and cut one to pieces to rebuild it. This
was very time consuming and took a lot of shooting to get everything back in the frame.

I now have rebuilt it out of two 450 Plus, adding a layer of low jute back carpet on the front
and back under the replacement covers, plus adding additional fleece material in it as well.
I tried using an arrow stapler but due to the glue most staples would not penetrate properly.
I ended up purchasing an air stapler, operating it from my air compressor. As a test, it would
drive up to 9/16" staples into this frame work with no problem. I used 3/8" staples. The arrow
stapler had trouble with 5/16" staples due to the glue.

Doing this modification it is still relatively easy to remove arrows.

What makes this target so heavy is the manufacture used waffer board (chips) that are glued
together under pressure. Another name for this board is OSB. It is the glue that makes it heavy.
This material is cheaper than plywood.
Shooting and adding the extra packing this wafer board material is bulging out on the sides and
top and bottom.
Of the 30 to 35 targets I have tested, Spyder Web is #1 with the Bull Dog Series #2. Another
target I tested was the Big Shot 500 which I found lots of junk in it.

Wishing you all the best with what ever you choose.
Take care.

·
Registered
13 Posts
McKenzie Crossbow speed bag for field tips (and they have several size versions now) and only one for BHs that will hold 450+ is Rhinoblock XL and shoot it the long way. Good luck

·
Registered
809 Posts
I have been using Rhinehart targets for decades and I haven't seen a bow to best them yet. The tried and true 18/1 can take broadheads and can last for years.
I would highly recommend this target and this manufacturer.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Another vote for the
bigshot extreme 500
And
Blob

·
2,451 Posts
One of the best bangs for my buck has been thr Morrell Double Duty.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts