Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,653 Posts
Thats what happens when you dont the fix the known problems, and keep putting out plastic crap with chit strings

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
When I was buying my crossbow I called around to see what Cabelas and Archery Addictions had to say about Barnett. They all said don't get one they have to many problems and there all ways being sent back..

·
Registered
539 Posts
Wheres the article?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
539 Posts
They never addressed what was going on . What prompted the lawsuits. I can guarantee most were due to user error

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Here is a link I found when doing a search for "Barnett crossbow recalls".
https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2016/barnett-outdoors-recalls-crossbows

In total I have purchased 5 new Barnett crossbows with the following results:
1)Barnett Ghost 410 in the factory stapled box. Parts were missing. Improperly assembled. Broken parts due to no packing.
2)Barnett Ghost 410 from a different dealer. String well lubed. New crossbows do not come this way. My opinion here, the crossbow had problems with the string and or cables. Instead of making the customer wait, the customer was given a new riser assembly. I received the repaired one that due to what ever had happened the limbs received internal damage. The dealer would not have known about the internal damage. Upon arrival, I checked for external damage with a bright light and a Q-tip. Shortly, the riser blew up. Barnett crossbows when damaged start to crack from the inside out so there is not necessarily any view able damage until they explode.

For a Ghost 410 to shoot the advertised speed of 410 feet per second it has to be properly tuned shooting a 400 grain arrow-point combination. When received this crossbow shot 386 feet per second.

3)3 each brand new Barnett Buck Commander BCXtreme 365 Ultra Lites. One was set up on display while the other two were still in the factory box with the advertisement sleeve that box stores receive on it. None of the crossbows this chain store sells can be shot as demos. None of these three crossbows were properly tuned. The blame here lies strictly on the manufacture.
I am shooting one of these as I bought the other two for parts to repair my Barnett Ghost 410's. Many parts are interchangeable and being in Canada at that time it was cheaper to buy the new highly discounted crossbows than to pay shipping, 6 week turn around plus shop time.

All the best.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts