Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
Tomorrow is it. Cold front approaching and a 20 degree temp drop. wind from the NE. I set up over a nice bottom that splits the land. Saw some bear tracks in there, One was caught on the trail cam. So maybe I'll get lucky on him.

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
The Scorpyd strikes again and we're on the score board. Took a nice big doe opening evening. Was in a brush blind on a field edge. The wind was strong and perfect for this spot. She came out and gave me a 30 yd broadside shot. Huge blood trail. So big I could follow it with a little led head light standing up and normal walking. Went 60 yds in thick nasty crap.

Ok here's the pic. I'm 6'4" and 290 so that's a big doe for around here.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Sweet! I went out yesterday but all I saw was a 20 - 30 lb fawn.

·
352 Posts
It's good one of us is spilling blood. I was out on Monday but all I saw were 2 foxes. And they are not legal till Oct. 22.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Bow season opens here this Saturday and my vacation starts this thursday so hopfully I will get us some more points

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
I've been letting small does walk hoping for a bigger one or a buck. Guess I need to start letting the air out of them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I almost got a shot this evening. 2 young doe walking up a trail from my right and stoped about 5 feet from my shooting lane, sniffed the air for a few minutes then turned to the right and walked away. I had my bow cam on and safety off. So So close :mellow:

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
Ok add another one. I shot a 4pt Sika Deer this week. Ok took a while but here is the pic.

Attachments

·
352 Posts
Way to go Big-Bird-VA

·
352 Posts
I finally scored. But it is only a very small Doe.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts