Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Congrats buckskins. Nice shooting. That adds to our total.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Update.... Thur 9 Doe 2 buck Spike and small 6. Friday 5 doe and one 20" 8 pt off the hit list but feed and made a rube for an hour and a half but didn't get closer than 78 yrds. and 2 unidentified at dark but hung out in front of my ladder (I had to sit for 45 min after dark till they fed away LOL)
been there done that. usually when I'm wanting to get home to eat supper and watch a ball game. through in needing to take a leak and you get an idea of my deer hunting life. Still couldn't imagine not being there.
You ought to punch one of those does if you still can take a buck too.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Congrats Buckskins! Doe's eat just as good as bucks, if not better. I still haven't figured out how to make antler stew taste any better lol

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thanks
And I will agree that I will take a doe for eating any day. I was wondering if the Doe still counts 75 points or 100.

·
Registered
840 Posts
image.jpeg
About 6:30 this old boy came out into the hay field and chased off the 3 deer I was watching. Five quick, irregular squeaks on the coaxer call had him coming my way. Took the shot at 25 yards. The Muzzy did the rest.

image.jpeg

·
Registered
641 Posts
Congrats on the coyote!

I was out last Saturday and saw a doe about 50 or 60 yards from me. She acted like she wanted to come in until a deer behind me started snorting. It didn't help that I was coughing all morning long. I ended up with a darn cold. Oh well, that's hunting lol.

I won't be out again until the first weekend in November when another CN member and I will be hunting his property in northern Michigan.

·
Registered
175 Posts
good luck with the hunt. the rut should be heating up by then. we saw our first buck chasing a hot doe yesterday morning. It won't be long.

·
Administrator
6,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

·
Registered
840 Posts
IMG_0386.JPG
About 8:30 had this big bodied 6 point come out crossing the hay field. Grunted to get him to stop in one of my shooting lanes. Guessed him just over 40 yards. The 2219 left my Wildfire II and hit exactly where I was holding. Exited through the off shoulder. Very short run.

IMG_0384.JPG

·
Registered
641 Posts
Congrats Old Vet! Any time they don't run far is a good thing lol.

·
Administrator
6,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
View attachment 34345 About 8:30 had this big bodied 6 point come out crossing the hay field. Grunted to get him to stop in one of my shooting lanes. Guessed him just over 40 yards. The 2219 left my Wildfire II and hit exactly where I was holding. Exited through the off shoulder. Very short run.

View attachment 34346
I'll add points. Nice buck!

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
View attachment 34345 About 8:30 had this big bodied 6 point come out crossing the hay field. Grunted to get him to stop in one of my shooting lanes. Guessed him just over 40 yards. The 2219 left my Wildfire II and hit exactly where I was holding. Exited through the off shoulder. Very short run.

View attachment 34346
Nice shooting and Congratulations!

·
Registered
840 Posts
IMG_0686.JPG
Add Team 3 one doe taken this afternoon with my new Kodabow Zulu Scout. Full pass through at about 32 yards. Arrow buried in the ground close to 11" after exiting.

Reactions: urban legend
21 - 40 of 43 Posts