Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Old bows: Excalibur Matrix 380, Scorpyd Ventilator 150. Current bows: Excalibur 355, Ten Point Siege
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m purchasing a used Ten Point Siege rs 410. I’m looking for tips and tricks to make my start with this bow enjoyable.

I know nothing about Ten Point bows but wanted a bow that I didn’t need to use a rope cocker. It look’s awesome and I read good things. Your help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8,151 Posts
With narrow crossbows, one will not get the shots out of them that one will on a wider crossbow.
The reasons being, sharper string angles and much higher draw weight puts a lot of stress on
the bow string, servings and limbs.
Some of these crossbows use arrows with proprietory nocks which make the arrow very expensive
and at times, hard if not impossible to find.
The narrow crossbows may require a special press that if a bow shop does not sell that brand of
bow, they have no reason to have that equipment.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
Excalibur Vortex 330, Centerpoint Sniper 370, Centerpoint Patriot 425
16,831 Posts
I love a crossbow that can be decocked and wouldnt buy one that I couldnt.

·
Registered
Tenpoint Siege, Ripper 415, Vortex,
1,066 Posts
I’ve got a siege and I absolutely love it. Like mentioned, I shoot the factory arrows with 125 grain heads. If it has the factory scope you may need to swap it for another one if you have a hard time sighting it in. On mine it was shooting faster than what the scope’s speed dial could adjust to. I opted for the vortex crossfire crossbow scope. It’s done well. When releasing the trigger box don’t let it fall down (on its own) to the string. Release it and push it to latch it on the string. Keep it lubed up and clean. Mine has roughly 15-1600 shots on it now. It’s been rock solid. I’ve had it cocked for hours in below freezing temps. Congratulations on your new bow.

·
Registered
Old bows: Excalibur Matrix 380, Scorpyd Ventilator 150. Current bows: Excalibur 355, Ten Point Siege
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really appreciate all the comments and advice.

it comes with a Hawk xb30, not sure if I’ll like the scope with so many reticles. Don’t think my eyes will be able to focus on all those tiny lines.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
With narrow crossbows, one will not get the shots out of them that one will on a wider crossbow.
The reasons being, sharper string angles and much higher draw weight puts a lot of stress on
the bow string, servings and limbs.
Some of these crossbows use arrows with proprietory nocks which make the arrow very expensive
and at times, hard if not impossible to find.
The narrow crossbows may require a special press that if a bow shop does not sell that brand of
bow, they have no reason to have that equipment.

Take care.
I don’t think one thing you said here addressed the op’s question.

·
Registered
8,151 Posts
I don’t think one thing you said here addressed the op’s question.
In Post #1 it was mentioned he was purchasing a crossbow, not that he had purchased it.
I submitted these suggestions as a warning what to be aware of. This can apply before or
after a purchase.
If one works on crossbows enough, one will soon see where the weakness is.

Take care.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I bought a Siege a few months ago. Haven't had a crossbow in a long time. So far I love it and I killed a nice doe with it. This video helped me learn how to use the accuslide properly.
This video is very helpful and was for me in beginning. FYI, make sure to always see that the trigger box clicks to safe when you are latching it on the string to cock. I got into the routine of just listening to the click and miss heard one time … and have seen this with a buddy of mine, where the trigger box was only latched on the anti-dry fire.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone, great advice and tips. I’ve been watching the ten point videos and getting familiar with the bow.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I’m purchasing a used Ten Point Siege rs 410. I’m looking for tips and tricks to make my start with this bow enjoyable.

I know nothing about Ten Point bows but wanted a bow that I didn’t need to use a rope cocker. It look’s awesome and I read good things. Your help would be appreciated.
I have had a siege for 2 seasons, great bow, HOWEVER do yourself a favor and only shoot arrows with the new alpha aluminum insert nocks. I switched out all my old alpha nocks to the aluminum style, fairly easy. If you use the old style, some most likely will fail, causing lost/damaged arrows, and string failure, from my experience (several, 6-8? failures).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have had a siege for 2 seasons, great bow, HOWEVER do yourself a favor and only shoot arrows with the new alpha aluminum insert nocks. I switched out all my old alpha nocks to the aluminum style, fairly easy. If you use the old style, some most likely will fail, causing lost/damaged arrows, and string failure, from my experience (several, 6-8? failures).
Thanks for the advice. It didn’t come with bolts so I need to get some. Any recommendations?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts