Crossbow Nation banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
I have had a siege for 2 seasons, great bow, HOWEVER do yourself a favor and only shoot arrows with the new alpha aluminum insert nocks. I switched out all my old alpha nocks to the aluminum style, fairly easy. If you use the old style, some most likely will fail, causing lost/damaged arrows, and string failure, from my experience (several, 6-8? failures).
I am curious where you got them and do they just pull out ( the old ones) and then insert these? Dont want to risk any issues

·
Registered
Tenpoint Siege, Ripper 415, Vortex,
1,068 Posts
Thanks for the advice. It didn’t come with bolts so I need to get some. Any recommendations?
Several guys on here have WWB make their arrows. He’s a member on here. I just bought some dragon claw arrows from Dave at Wyvern creations(website) to try out. They came with the new alpha nock HP bushings installed and the new alpha nocks. 16”

·
Registered
Old bows: Excalibur Matrix 380, Scorpyd Ventilator 150. Current bows: Excalibur 355, Ten Point Siege
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Bow has arrived, this thing is smaller then I imagined even though I watched videos, saw pictures of people holding it, etc..

I like how compact it is, can’t wait to shoot it but need bolts first. That will have to wait until after the new year once I get done paying off presents for my kids.

It’s killing me to just look at it knowing I can’t do anything until January 🤬

·
Registered
64 Posts
It's pretty surprising how small they are. I bought one unseen. I've been using the Evo Center Punch 16s in it. Probably not the best arrows, but so far I haven't had any accuracy or durability issues. I've only shot the new HP aluminum bushing system and it's been 100% for me. You can get the bushings and nocks from various suppliers or Tenpoint themselves.

·
Registered
Old bows: Excalibur Matrix 380, Scorpyd Ventilator 150. Current bows: Excalibur 355, Ten Point Siege
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
It's pretty surprising how small they are. I bought one unseen. I've been using the Evo Center Punch 16s in it. Probably not the best arrows, but so far I haven't had any accuracy or durability issues. I've only shot the new HP aluminum bushing system and it's been 100% for me. You can get the bushings and nocks from various suppliers or Tenpoint themselves.
BlackSunshyne,

I appreciate your comments about the bolts. I’ll look into them as soon as I can.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
gearhead1161,

Thank you for the PM.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Sure did, can’t wait to sight it in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am curious where you got them and do they just pull out ( the old ones) and then insert these? Dont want to risk any issues
Hello, you can get them from wyvern creations, since you dont have arrows, I would suggest getting custom arrows that are spine indexed, 16-17" with the new nocks. the bow has same hole accuracy, with the same arrow. I numbered and "grouped" my arrows as non-indexed arrows can shoot POI differently, although consistent. some spot on- some always 1.25" left, etc. I think high quality spine indexed; weight matched arrows would fix that. worth the investment to get optimum results from a high-performance bow.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Thanks Dave P, I appreciate the information.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts