Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere that on the Ten Point Vapors the cam channels are narrower and the string and cable diameters are thinner than others manufactures. There have been some reports that the strings were breaking at the loop attachments, not in the center where you might expect. Is there a Factory Rep out there that can substantiate the string diameters and if they are consistent with other manufactures?

·
TenPoint Representative
1,867 Posts
Aqua,

I can't speak to what the other companies do or what their specs are, but all of our center servings are .155. This is consistent on all of our bows. The diameters of the string and cables do vary because we use different material on different bows for different results. On some bows we want more stretch than others, etc.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response. I dont know if .155 is a standard diameter or not. When I observe by eye the strings and cables on my Vapor 470 they look to be thinner than other brands. Than my mind wonders about the amount of material that is used to make the end loops, and the strengh of those points using less / thinner material. Unless it is made of Kyptonite material....Am I crazy?
Aqua,

I can't speak to what the other companies do or what their specs are, but all of our center servings are .155. This is consistent on all of our bows. The diameters of the string and cables do vary because we use different material on different bows for different results. On some bows we want more stretch than others, etc.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder if Martymig might have any thoughts on this....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts