Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ten Point does a great job providing a video how to replace strings and cables. However, I'd like to get my ATA to specs. My ATA currently uncocked is 11.5" and like to get it to OEM specs which I think is at 11.25".

To adjust limb ATA do you you focus on the quad cables to advance cams to narrow the ATA? I do have a Xbow press that will easily handle narrow limb Xbows.

What cable end do you focus to advance cams? I take it you have to do this on all four cables? Is there a cable end that you should focus on to adjust cam lean?

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Correction: I just found this in another thread.

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
Tom I suspect they will time the same as a Ravin does. Twisting the cables moves the timing dots towards the front of the bow. Twisting the string moves the timing dots towards the rear of the bow. Either way will reduce the ATA. It is a balancing act to get the ATA correct along with the timing dots correct also. I hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Robert thanks for sharing. Curious Ten Point's position. Great start. I just ordered new bow string and now ordering new cables just to have backups.

·
Registered
590 Posts
That’s gonna be a bit much to just twist one or the other. It’s probably gonna be two to one(cables to string) but since I havnt fooled with that one we will wait and see what someone else says

·
Registered
579 Posts
Robert thanks for sharing. Curious Ten Point's position. Great start. I just ordered new bow string and now ordering new cables just to have backups.
I would think you have to twist both upper and lower cables the same amount on both sides to keep your cams in time, I just picked up a Siege the other day and haven't had time to really get into it. Not sure if it makes any difference which end you twist to advance the cams ? I wouldn't think so. As far as the ata should be the same as any other bow , imo I'm sure someone else with more knowledge will chime in.

·
Premium Member
2,760 Posts
I just tuned my little siege after i had it all tore apart .
Tom it depends on where your timing marks are , if the cams are advanced into the direction of the draw , tighten all 4 cables the same .
if the timing marks are un advanced in the direction of the draw tighten the string only .
You also have to pay attention to cam lean , i use the string as a parallel and adjust cam lean to the string IE cams perpendicular to the string .
Lets say your right cam is leaning down to the ground on the inside of the cam , you would want to put one twist in the bottom cable , this will not affect timing and sync a whole lot but level the cam ,
These bows are a tad more difficult to tune but once you do you will know , write everything down so you can go back if need be !!

IMO my first move would be , cam lean , then cam sync , then timing , then ATA
In that order !!

·
Registered
579 Posts
I just tuned my little siege after i had it all tore apart .
Tom it depends on where your timing marks are , if the cams are advanced into the direction of the draw , tighten all 4 cables the same .
if the timing marks are un advanced in the direction of the draw tighten the string only .
You also have to pay attention to cam lean , i use the string as a parallel and adjust cam lean to the string IE cams perpendicular to the string .
Lets say your right cam is leaning down to the ground on the inside of the cam , you would want to put one twist in the bottom cable , this will not affect timing and sync a whole lot but level the cam ,
These bows a re a tad more difficult to tune but once you do you will know , write everything down so you can go back if need be !!

IMO my first move would be , cam lean , then cam sync , then timing , then ATA
In that order !!
That explains it pretty good,thanks Burky

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
Got a question for you Tim (burky).
If you need to twist the string only for say 2 full twists do you need to do 1 full turn on each cam or will the string self center?

·
Registered
Turbo Gt and Viper S400
56 Posts
Wouldn't you have to shoot it once or twice after each adjustment to settle things in

·
Premium Member
2,760 Posts
Got a question for you Tim (burky).
If you need to twist the string only for say 2 full twists do you need to do 1 full turn on each cam or will the string self center?
The string will self center after a shot or 2 and the twist added will equalize .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts