Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assembled a brand new Wicked Ridge Ranger. Left side of string where serving is suspends less than a mm above flight deck like one of TenPoint’s videos shows it should, but right side rests on flight deck. Was careful to follow instructions and included pics to show how my cable saver and strings look. How can I get right side of string to not be in contact with barrel like the left side is suspended? Tightened main bolt while lifting string 1 inch - tightening anymore now seems like I’d be overdoing it. How can I know the bow assembly is properly aligned? Posted this on TenPoint forum today but looking for any feedback before Mon. Appreciate any help.
IMG_0397.JPG
IMG_0395.JPG
IMG_0393.JPG
IMG_0390.JPG
IMG_0384.JPG

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
That looks pretty normal.
After shooting it for a while strings and cables will settle in.
I’ve had the same situation before, it’s fine.

Reactions: quickill7

·
Registered
13,563 Posts
You U-tube the assembly? Might pick up on something there...dunno.

Reactions: quickill7

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Just a suggestion: in the uncocked position, lay a level a cross the rail parallel to the bow string. Lay a level a cross the limbs, also parallel to the bow string. If the limbs are level, both readings should match. If the limbs are tilted slightly, this could cause the string to be higher on one side.
All the best.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a suggestion: in the uncocked position, lay a level a cross the rail parallel to the bow string. Lay a level a cross the limbs, also parallel to the bow string. If the limbs are level, both readings should match. If the limbs are tilted slightly, this could cause the string to be higher on one side.
All the best.
will do. thanks man. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How is it shooting?
Haven't been able to shoot yet. Need to assemble a target but unexpected funeral, kids' special event at school, work, other things in way for now. Thanks for checking up - I intend to update but it may be awhile.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts