Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OEM arrows. Reading TP's homepage, those EVO are only weight shorted, so can someone explain what type of accuracy i should expert with them over say custom arrows( weight sorted, spine index)??

These EVOs are very expensive too.

Also, how easy is it to replace the receiver nock. I broke off a tab

·
Registered
377 Posts
I don't think $89.00 for 6 quality arrows is "very expensive", but that's just me. As for removing the broken nock receiver, a rod or drill bit that fits inside the shaft and can slide from one end to the other should work as long as it's larger in diameter than the hole in the receiver. if it's not, when you swing the arrow to smack the nock with either rod or bit, it may come through the receiver hole and whack something you don't want.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Does anyone know if the receiver nocks can be heated to remove. I know heat and carbon are very touchy when combined. I had success and failure.

·
Registered
10,410 Posts
Stick them in boiling water. Do not use direct heat on carbon. I have a 26" x 1/8" steel rod I insert and punch them out after heating. HD has the rods.

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
OEM arrows. Reading TP's homepage, those EVO are only weight shorted, so can someone explain what type of accuracy i should expert with them over say custom arrows( weight sorted, spine index)??

These EVOs are very expensive too.

Also, how easy is it to replace the receiver nock. I broke off a tab
I was a custom arrow shooter the first 3 years I hunted with crossbow and they are an excellent choice. Cost typically was about $20-25 per arrow for a lighted nock setup and you could spend more if you bought better shafts.

In 2018 I got a Nitro X and it came with the EVO-X arrows. By the end of the year shooting both custom and these EVO-X CenterPuch arrows I had decided that the EVO-X arrows performed as good as my customs for the way I hunt and the ranges I shoot (50y and under). Since then I've been shooting the EVO-X arrows and have not been disappointed. They are not spine indexed like a good custom arrow is but they fly VERY well from these TenPoint crossbows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts