Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tenpoint ,Can you give us an Idea when the new 2009 model line will be coming out.

Any hints of something new ?:D

Thanks

·
1,544 Posts
Spec

They're not answering.
They make about the best crossbow out there. How could they possibly improve on that?

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OLDFLYER said:
Spec

They're not answering.
They make about the best crossbow out there. How could they possibly improve on that?
I agree they are great Bows, Have 2,but I bet there is something in the works,like maybe a ?

·
TenPoint Representative
1,893 Posts
We have some things planned, but like I posted on our website, I will not even start to think about answering that question until mid September. Would love to hear what people would like to see though.
Randy

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tenpoint

In case you missed it on the other site,Would like to be able to purchase Bows without having to buy the package.
Most repeat customers have a closet full of accessories.

Also like the Black carbon fiber look I have seen on Bows,Maybe an option on all Tenpoint bows.

A simple way to restring a compound bow ,more and more Crossbow owners are able and would like to do simple maintenance on their bows.But you do have great customer service.

Restringing a bow should not require a 400 dollar press.

More to come ,I am thinking.

·
57 Posts
How about a hard case for the GT-Curve??? I mentioned this on your site.

I ordered your soft case, but would love to have a hard case for travel!!!!!

·
TenPoint Representative
1,893 Posts
We have some fun stuff in the works, but it is too early to get a rea good picture yet.
As for the hard case for the recurves, I can almost promise you no case company is going to touch a case that costs about $150 just to ship and that is where you will be on a recurve hard case. Just the way it is on that one. Sorry. Call UPS if you don't like the answer on that one. Shipping just makes it cost prohibitive.
Randy

·
1,544 Posts
10PtCrossbow said:
We have some things planned, but like I posted on our website, I will not even start to think about answering that question until mid September. Would love to hear what people would like to see though.
Randy
It's mid September. So what's new? If anyone comes out with something better than the Phantom, I will probably get it. Maybe! Depends!

·
1,544 Posts
Tenpoint
Like I posted in the Horton section, I do not expect you to let us know what your new bows are all about. I do understand. My question is when do you expect to let people know what you have new? You know, the approximate date.
Thanks

·
TenPoint Representative
1,893 Posts
I do like the new line as it is shaping up.
Some pics may start to surface between now and January, but the catalog will be out around the first of the year. Have some neat stuff in line.
Randy

·
1,544 Posts
Any new bows models or just improvements of the exsisting ones? I think it will be hard to beat the Phantom though.

·
327 Posts
10PtCrossbow said:
I do like the new line as it is shaping up.
Some pics may start to surface between now and January, but the catalog will be out around the first of the year. Have some neat stuff in line.
Randy

Which is why i'm holding off on my Ten Point purchase til next year. IT's tough though; the Laser and the GT Curve are sweet but I am curious as to what 09 will bring. :)

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Point to Sparhawk

Sparhawk said:
Which is why i'm holding off on my Ten Point purchase til next year. IT's tough though; the Laser and the GT Curve are sweet but I am curious as to what 09 will bring. :)
Point to think about,Tenpoints hold there value very well.
You could buy now , and enjoy.

Then in several months from now when the new models come out and you are drooling,Sell the older model or trade,You will be surprised how little money cost wise and how nice to have what you want ,now and later.

Just a thought.

·
542 Posts
I love my new Tenpoint Laser.............

·
Registered
82 Posts
I bought the vapor RS 470 and am curious to know what the maintenance is on the Acuslide cocking system. For example, is there anything required for the nylon material used for the Acuslide and is there a certain frequency for replacement. Thanks in advance.

·
TenPoint Representative
1,893 Posts
I bought the vapor RS 470 and am curious to know what the maintenance is on the Acuslide cocking system. For example, is there anything required for the nylon material used for the Acuslide and is there a certain frequency for replacement. Thanks in advance.
We have not worn one out yet and that is with over 1000 shots on it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have the Vapor RS 470 and noticed that my velocity has dropped. Originally it was shooting at 435 FPS and now is only shooting at 420 FPS. Is this normal with less than 100 shots on it? Also attached are some photos of the cables which show some fraying which seems interesting with so few shots. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
TenPoint Representative
1,893 Posts
I have the Vapor RS 470 and noticed that my velocity has dropped. Originally it was shooting at 435 FPS and now is only shooting at 420 FPS. Is this normal with less than 100 shots on it? Also attached are some photos of the cables which show some fraying which seems interesting with so few shots. Any help would be appreciated.
You may have some string stretch, but also make sure you are at least 20 inches from the chrono when checking the speed.
The cables need waxed. They don’t contact anything in that section of the cable So it is not a wear issue.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I did set up the chronograph 20 inches from the end of the rail. I also did wax the cables, but maybe I need to put a little more on.Should the cables be replaced?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts