Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Administrator
TP Nitro 505 x2,Stealth 450, Sub 1 XR,
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received a Tenpoint Stealth 450 Yesterday assembled it last night. The bow is rock solid built very well the new scope rail Has Zero flex to it. The longer Rail also makes the stock extentions unnecessary as I thought I would have to get some like I did with the siege. I Mounted a ATN 4K and ABL range finder on it. this was not possible with the 2022 rails as they would flex some do to the weight of the ATN.
I took it out this afternoon to break it in and get some idea on how well it would shoot with the arrows I had put together for it. Which are 20” Zombie slayers weighing 495 grains with a 100 grain head. According to the numbers that I plugged into the scope to get it hitting at all distances it’s shooting 435 fps. I put about 30 shots through the bow today and and it’s a tack driver. At 20-35-55 and then shot it at 95 yards. ATN and ABL worked exactly as planned. I shot 3 2 shot groups At 95 yards on 3rd group I heard 2 arrows hit together on second shot and saw lighted disappear oops. The bows shoots extremely well needless to say. The string is showing virtually no wear at this time hope to get it in the woods maybe tomoro. I’m very happy with the bow so far and hope to pick up a 2023 505 sometime soon as well.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Bumper Mode of transport
Art Font Grass Plant Graffiti
Insect Art Bag Font Pattern

· Registered
7,472 Posts
Good info on the 450 WWB and I like the update on the scope rail/ATN compatibility. Hey, not bad shooting either!
Cartoon Gesture Fictional character Animated cartoon Illustration

· Premium Member
4,718 Posts
Nice review and excellent shooting AJ! I'll take some arrows for mine now please lol.
Motor vehicle Combat vehicle Engineering Machine Wood

I was also pleasantly surprised that with the new longer rail I did not need stock extensions to use the OX or mount the scope all the way forward for that matter. Rail struts have it rock solid for sure. The LOP is the same as my Swats roughly 13.5". 👍 Feels great in the hand and shoulders really well. Balance is better than I thought it would be and no issues holding it on target for offhand shooting. Well shooting when I actually shoot it I guess 🤣...
So far it looks like a winner!

· Registered
8,382 Posts
Received a Tenpoint Stealth 450 Yesterday assembled it last night. The bow is rock solid built very well the new scope rail Has Zero flex to it. The longer Rail also makes the stock extentions unnecessary as I thought I would have to get some like I did with the siege. I Mounted a ATN 4K and ABL range finder on it. this was not possible with the 2022 rails as they would flex some do to the weight of the ATN.
I took it out this afternoon to break it in and get some idea on how well it would shoot with the arrows I had put together for it. Which are 20” Zombie slayers weighing 495 grains with a 100 grain head. According to the numbers that I plugged into the scope to get it hitting at all distances it’s shooting 435 fps. I put about 30 shots through the bow today and and it’s a tack driver. At 20-35-55 and then shot it at 95 yards. ATN and ABL worked exactly as planned. I shot 3 2 shot groups At 95 yards on 3rd group I heard 2 arrows hit together on second shot and saw lighted disappear oops. The bows shoots extremely well needless to say. The string is showing virtually no wear at this time hope to get it in the woods maybe tomoro. I’m very happy with the bow so far and hope to pick up a 2023 505 sometime soon as well. View attachment 243925 View attachment 243926 View attachment 243927
What a lethal looking setup. Nice upgrade with the scope rail brace. ATN adds a next level touch. Great shooting!

· Registered
Baltimore, MD - Ten Point Viper S400
1,224 Posts
Nice review and excellent shooting AJ! I'll take some arrows for mine now please lol.
View attachment 243932
I was also pleasantly surprised that with the new longer rail I did not need stock extensions to use the OX or mount the scope all the way forward for that matter. Rail struts have it rock solid for sure. The LOP is the same as my Swats roughly 13.5". 👍 Feels great in the hand and shoulders really well. Balance is better than I thought it would be and no issues holding it on target for offhand shooting. Well shooting when I actually shoot it I guess 🤣...
So far it looks like a winner!
Question - What does the longer rail have to do with not needing stock extensions? I have a Viper and I definitely needed to add a stock extension. Having a longer rail doesn't seem like it would do anything for stock length. Just curious as it looks like a sweet setup. I'm going to take a good look at mine to see if I can add scope supports.

· Administrator
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Question - What does the longer rail have to do with not needing stock extensions? I have a Viper and I definitely needed to add a stock extension. Having a longer rail doesn't seem like it would do anything for stock length. Just curious as it looks like a sweet setup. I'm going to take a good look at mine to see if I can add scope supports.
Makes it so the eye relief on the scope isn’t too close. On the siege I had before I had to add the extensions to get a comfortable eye relief on the scope. With the new longer rail this is no longer an issue For me.

· Premium Member
4,718 Posts
Makes it so the eye relief on the scope isn’t too close. On the siege I had before I had to add the extensions to get a comfortable eye relief on the scope. With the new longer rail this is no longer an issue For me.
What WWB said. 😁

· Registered
Baltimore, MD - Ten Point Viper S400
1,224 Posts
The longer rail (as I see it in my mind-SCARY!) would extend the power stroke and allow for longer arrows. The distance from the butt of the stock to the trigger box and base of scope rail wouldn't change. Therefore, it wouldn't change the distance of the scope from the butt stock. That is the distance that make one need a stock extension. Oh well, I'm not buying one so, I can live with this unknown. I don't understand a lot so, one more thing will get lost in the pile! lol. Thanks for the patience.

· Premium Member
4,718 Posts
The longer rail (as I see it in my mind-SCARY!) would extend the power stroke and allow for longer arrows. The distance from the butt of the stock to the trigger box and base of scope rail wouldn't change. Therefore, it wouldn't change the distance of the scope from the butt stock. That is the distance that make one need a stock extension. Oh well, I'm not buying one so, I can live with this unknown. I don't understand a lot so, one more thing will get lost in the pile! lol. Thanks for the patience.
Honestly I don't understand it either lol. I needed 2 stock extensions for the Siege and my buddies Turbo felt really compressed until he put extensions on it. The Viper S400 I did not need extensions and it felt fine. The Stealth with out extensions feels a lot like the Viper did for me. 🤷‍♂️

· Administrator
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The scope rail is longer Im not talking about the flight rail

· Premium Member
4,718 Posts
I shot the Stealth at the ATA. It is insanely narrow when it’s cocked. A very nice bow. For folks that like to go fast and prefer something longer than shorter. This is a great option
Yep, I was shocked at how narrow it is cocked... and how long it looks lol.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts