Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a new Titan M1 Decock and wanted to share the good and bad about this crossbow.
I was shooting a New Titan M1without the cocking device and was fairly happy with it's performance, but an injury prevents me from being able to pull cock a crossbow any more. I was glad to see that Tenpoint has released a new line of crossbows with a decocking system that works quite nice and at an affordable price. The system is quiet and easy to crank but there is a flaw in the system as delivered.The new decock model has eliminated the front stirrup for a mini stirrup wich only protects the front of the bow but does not allow for you foot to enter. So there is no way to hold onto or control the bow while cranking it. When you operate the crank with your right hand you must use your left hand to guide the sled into position. So with both hands occupied during the cranking there is no way to hold onto and control the bow. The simple solution is to replace the worthless mini stirrup with the original sized one so you can control the the crossbow like any other. Unfortunately I'm not the only one to figure this out. When I went to buy the larger stirrup evry store I contacted was sold out. I Orderd one from Tenpoint but their website has a notice that new orders should allow 2-3 weeks to be shipped. What???

The new Trigger system is designed for the decock application and is quite different to get used to. The safety button is not ambidextrous and operates on the right side. It is hard to reach and is located next to the decock button so you have to be careful not to hit the wrong one. The trigger itself is terrible. It has a huge amount of front travel, a mile of raspy creep, and unpredictable sear. I have owned and fired many crossbows over the past ten years and I can honestly say this trigger is the worst I have ever experienced. I am going to buy a trigger pull gauge to due further evaluation of this trigger system. I would welcome any information on improving this trigger. I an not aware of anyone whom does trigger work on crossbows.

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
In regards to the trigger problem you mention, contact "TX_RDXguy" by pm. He is a
forum member who has worked on crossbow triggers, so he may be able to help.

As mentioned, a few designs on that crossbow, I personally would not be happy with.

As for not being able to get a stirrup, go to a welding shop and they could build you one.
Just explain what width boot you normally wear when hunting.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts