Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a new Titan M1 Decock and wanted to share the good and bad about this crossbow.
I was shooting a New Titan M1without the cocking device and was fairly happy with it's performance, but an injury prevents me from being able to pull cock a crossbow any more. I was glad to see that Tenpoint has released a new line of crossbows with a decocking system that works quite nice and at an affordable price. The system is quiet and easy to crank but there is a flaw in the system as delivered.The new decock model has eliminated the front stirrup for a mini stirrup wich only protects the front of the bow but does not allow for you foot to enter. So there is no way to hold onto or control the bow while cranking it. When you operate the crank with your right hand you must use your left hand to guide the sled into position. So with both hands occupied during the cranking there is no way to hold onto and control the bow. The simple solution is to replace the worthless mini stirrup with the original sized one so you can control the the crossbow like any other. Unfortunately I'm not the only one to figure this out. When I went to buy the larger stirrup evry store I contacted was sold out. I Orderd one from Tenpoint but their website has a notice that new orders should allow 2-3 weeks to be shipped. What???

The new Trigger system is designed for the decock application and is quite different to get used to. The safety button is not ambidextrous and operates on the right side. It is hard to reach and is located next to the decock button so you have to be careful not to hit the wrong one. The trigger itself is terrible. It has a huge amount of front travel, a mile of raspy creep, and unpredictable sear. I have owned and fired many crossbows over the past ten years and I can honestly say this trigger is the worst I have ever experienced. I am going to buy a trigger pull gauge to due further evaluation of this trigger system. I would welcome any information on improving this trigger. I an not aware of anyone whom does trigger work on crossbows.

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
In regards to the trigger problem you mention, contact "TX_RDXguy" by pm. He is a
forum member who has worked on crossbow triggers, so he may be able to help.

As mentioned, a few designs on that crossbow, I personally would not be happy with.

As for not being able to get a stirrup, go to a welding shop and they could build you one.
Just explain what width boot you normally wear when hunting.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I finally got the foot stirrup from Tenpoint so I can now fully utilize the cocking system.
I personally think they should have recalled the mini stirrup and sent me a replacement for free but all of my messages to Tenpoint have gone unanswered.

As for the trigger , I bought a nice trigger pull gage and tested all three of my currently owned crossbows.The results confirmed exactly what my finger was telling me. My older Tenpoint Pro Slider had minor front travel with minimal creep and broke cleanly at about 5 lbs. My Barnett XP400 has no forward travel or creep and broke cleanly at just over 4 lbs. It has a great feel to it. My new Tenpoint Titan Decock has a D1 trigger and testing revealed the following results. There is about 1/8" of forward travel. This is distance the trigger moves freely until it stops and requires full pressure to move forward past the sear point and fires. Creep is the amount of movement the trigger travels between the forward travel and the sear point.
The trigger gage showed that the D1 trigger requires about 1/2 lb to take up the forward travel. Then then, as you increase the pressure, the trigger begins to creep 1/ 1/2 lbs makes the trigger move about 1/16" ,, 2 1/2 lbs makes the trigger creep back another 1/16"I It Never feels like it is completely set and ready to fire . The gage showed that it fires between 3.2 lbs and 4.2 lbs but always different each time. I did not like the T5 trigger on my Titan M1and sent a message to Tenpoint about it but I never heard back from them.The new cocking system is wonderful but it is unfortunately paired with a poor trigger system Any other Titan Decock owners out there???

·
Registered
Bowtech Stryker Solutions LS and TenPoint Titan De-Cock ACUdraw crank
7 Posts
I recently bought a new Titan M1 Decock and wanted to share the good and bad about this crossbow.
I was shooting a New Titan M1without the cocking device and was fairly happy with it's performance, but an injury prevents me from being able to pull cock a crossbow any more. I was glad to see that Tenpoint has released a new line of crossbows with a decocking system that works quite nice and at an affordable price. The system is quiet and easy to crank but there is a flaw in the system as delivered.The new decock model has eliminated the front stirrup for a mini stirrup wich only protects the front of the bow but does not allow for you foot to enter. So there is no way to hold onto or control the bow while cranking it. When you operate the crank with your right hand you must use your left hand to guide the sled into position. So with both hands occupied during the cranking there is no way to hold onto and control the bow. The simple solution is to replace the worthless mini stirrup with the original sized one so you can control the the crossbow like any other. Unfortunately I'm not the only one to figure this out. When I went to buy the larger stirrup evry store I contacted was sold out. I Orderd one from Tenpoint but their website has a notice that new orders should allow 2-3 weeks to be shipped. What???

The new Trigger system is designed for the decock application and is quite different to get used to. The safety button is not ambidextrous and operates on the right side. It is hard to reach and is located next to the decock button so you have to be careful not to hit the wrong one. The trigger itself is terrible. It has a huge amount of front travel, a mile of raspy creep, and unpredictable sear. I have owned and fired many crossbows over the past ten years and I can honestly say this trigger is the worst I have ever experienced. I am going to buy a trigger pull gauge to due further evaluation of this trigger system. I would welcome any information on improving this trigger. I an not aware of anyone whom does trigger work on crossbows.
I purchased the TenPoint Titan De-Cock ACUdraw on 10-24-2022 to replace a Bowtech Stryker Solutions LS crossbow that has issues with the Delrin bearings. Also, I wanted a crossbow that I could cock and de-cock without a lot of trouble. I had issues right off with the ACUdraw hanging aka locking up upon pulling the U shaped claw out and also when removing the claw once the cross bow was cocked. Finally the retraction power spring broke and ended up taking it to a TenPoint Warranty Repair 60 miles from my location. Also, the D1 trigger group became a single stage trigger pull and was very hard to depress. The warranty dealer did not address the D1 trigger issues and also said he had not worked on an ACUdraw unit like on the Titan. The spring was replaced, but still was locking up and I returned the crossbow back to TenPoint.
I have the entire saga documented on a short story on my website here: https://portercalls.com/titan de-cock ACUdraw If the link doesn't work, go to my home page Welcome to Porter Custom Calls and look on the home page under product reviews.
Hopefully, I will get the bow back from TenPoint before our annual hunting season goes out and get a chance to use the crossbow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I purchased the TenPoint Titan De-Cock ACUdraw on 10-24-2022 to replace a Bowtech Stryker Solutions LS crossbow that has issues with the Delrin bearings. Also, I wanted a crossbow that I could cock and de-cock without a lot of trouble. I had issues right off with the ACUdraw hanging aka locking up upon pulling the U shaped claw out and also when removing the claw once the cross bow was cocked. Finally the retraction power spring broke and ended up taking it to a TenPoint Warranty Repair 60 miles from my location. Also, the D1 trigger group became a single stage trigger pull and was very hard to depress. The warranty dealer did not address the D1 trigger issues and also said he had not worked on an ACUdraw unit like on the Titan. The spring was replaced, but still was locking up and I returned the crossbow back to TenPoint.
I have the entire saga documented on a short story on my website here: https://portercalls.com/titan de-cock ACUdraw crank.htm If the link doesn't work, go to my home page Welcome to Porter Custom Calls and look on the home page under product reviews.
Hopefully, I will get the bow back from TenPoint before our annual hunting season goes out and get a chance to use the crossbow.
Here is the correct link: TenPoint Titan De-Cock ACUdraw crank

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the information. It sounds like I'm not the only one with D1 trigger issues. I can also confirm that TenPoint just ignores emails sent to their own website. How do you like the foot stirrup that only fits ballerina shoes?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the information. It sounds like I'm not the only one with D1 trigger issues. I can also confirm that TenPoint just ignores emails sent to their own website. How do you like the foot stirrup that only fits ballerina shoes?
That micro foot stirrup is a joke for sure!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I received the crossbow back from TenPoint this morning morning (12-02-2022); remounted the scope and got the crossbow onto the stock, installed the BowJax limb dampeners and the SDS.

I shot a few arrows aka bolts and the Scope was still on. However, the crank was still locking up intermittently and the trigger pull was still horrible and if there is a two-stage trigger pull, I definitely cannot detect it, since there is no slack on the trigger.

In conclusion, I believe I made a huge mistake purchasing this crossbow and guess I will have to live with it until it get totally disgruntled with it and will bring out the Milwaukee PortaBand saw and vent my disgust and dissatisfaction.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts