Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking and liking the Tenpoint Viper 400s a lot.
I really like the de-cock feature along with a lot of other things.
I won't ever be shooting over 30ish yards so 100yd accuracy will never be a factor.
Does anyone have any hands on experience with this Viper 400s?
If so what are your likes and dislikes?
I presently shoot a PSE fang that has a truckload of deer funerals to its name as well as a Excalibur Axe that shoots great but noisy.
I have a sickness for crossbows so a new one is calling my name lol.
thanks for any help and happy hunting

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
I'd go to the Ten Point forum. Farm Deer has one and is extremely impressed!

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
looking and liking the Tenpoint Viper 400s a lot.
I really like the de-cock feature along with a lot of other things.
I won't ever be shooting over 30ish yards so 100yd accuracy will never be a factor.
Does anyone have any hands on experience with this Viper 400s?
If so what are your likes and dislikes?
I presently shoot a PSE fang that has a truckload of deer funerals to its name as well as a Excalibur Axe that shoots great but noisy.
I have a sickness for crossbows so a new one is calling my name lol.
thanks for any help and happy hunting
The Viper is the sleeper xbow of the year IMO, the littlest brother in the 2020 TenPoint "V" series xbows.
Most of the same features of the Vapor and Vengent (save for the Vapor's Reverse Draw) with the cherry being the 5 lb. draw AcuSlide system.

A little detuned as far as power goes but same hole accuracy as it's bigger brothers.
As Tom stated, check out the TenPoint Forum Category.
Lots of great info on the Viper.

May be our next xbow soon, too!
Our Vapor is truly a powerhouse when it comes to speed and accuracy but for those times when 440 to 470 fps isn't necessary, the Viper fits the bill.

Reactions: allNitroedup

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I love the new TenPoints with the Acuslide. I have the Vapor and love it. I also have the Nitro XRT and plan on selling it to get the Viper. The Nitro XRT is a great crossbow, but Acuslide is an awesome upgrade over the AcuDraw .
I believe you will love owning the TenPoint Viper S 400.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
57 Posts
I like mine, need to keep at least one ultra narrow ata hanging around for the thick stuff on public land around here, made the plunge into ultra narrow limbs last year with my Shadow NXTs, and found them to be a delight to carry around where I hunt, sold them end of last season, and put some funds aside for this years offerings, saw it hanging up at Lancaster Archery last month between a vengent 440 and last years stealth nxt, now. I was there to buy, make no mistake, and I had 2 separate model shadows last year, base model(which I put a used acudraw on) and a dealer special(which I landed right after the base model and acudraw, and the Dealers special came with acudraw pro), all that being said, the stealth NXT on the rack had an AcuDraw pro, great system btw, and the Viper had the acuslide, everything else aside, the viper just felt better on my shoulder due to the Acuslide system, slimmer if you will. Spec wise, not much different than the Stealth NXT, but the acuslide , and ability to decock( which I only used once or twice, I still fire into a discharge target that lives in my truck during deer season) still ended up winning me over, but to the tune of an extra 500 bucks, it is an extremely nice crossbow however, and I’ll say that the graphite gray finish is very nice, but at 400fps, (I get 385ish with pro elites and 125 grain heads, never even used the centerpunches and have no plans to, had a bunch of pro elites from last year and they shoot great from my Horton vortec and the viper so not messing with it) I could’ve been just as happy with the Stealth, IF the stealth had the AcuSlide system. The acudraw was great, but I could never keep the sled locked in properly so it rattled a bit, and the stock was kinda chunky feeling with it installed but not bad, Now if you ask if I thought the acuslide was worth an extra 500 bucks, I honestly don’t know, but I don’t regret it, and it shoots lights out out to 50yards, and I’m more than confident in its performance. If you get it, I’m certain you’ll love it too, let us know what you decide either way👍

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GREAT reply, very informative and once again its actual hands on. thanks a bunch.
as I am tagged out already in Kentucky for 2020 I will have a lot of time to decide and kick the idea around. however me and the she boss are planning a trip to Maine the end of this month and I realized Wyverns is on the way, what a coincidence right ? lol
so the truck might be a little more crowded for the trip home, she boss won't mind holding the viper for 17 hours surely

1 - 11 of 11 Posts