Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not picking on any oem. Get yourself a set from Marty. He stretches under the the right amount of pressure ,his servings are tight. Real tight. Plenty of shooters on cbn to back me up.
Been reading good things about GAS......Im a noob, same person? Same quality, better? Y’all got me going way more advanced than I ever was. I had the string changed 1 time over 7 years on my current setup! Probably 22-30 kills later counting a pig here and there. But I don’t shoot all year like some, so probably less than 100 shots a year counting firing it off after a hunt. Which won’t be happening with the new setup.

All info is good info to me. So thanks guys. Glad I found this site.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The ATA on my Viper was at 11.5". I put 6 twists in the string and only gained 1/16". How many twists can I put in it to get it back to 11"?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Are you twisting both stings and cables?
I have twisted both. The cables seem to have gotten the timing marks where they should be but the ATA is still off. Do I continue to twist both? I thought maybe there was a limit to how much they can be twisted.

·
Registered
Turbo Gt and Viper S400
56 Posts
Yeah when the string and or cable looks all bunched up its twisted too much or maybe when the string and cable feel knotted up, I'd be getting new string etc if it was me, I don't believe the spec is 11in on the money, my timing was good and my axle to axle measurement was 11 1/4in new after 24 shots it measured just under 11 3/8in, so it stretched quickly, I put one twist in all my cables and 2 twist in my string, I will probably put one more twist in each cable soon, but that's it no more, there's no way that bow would make 11in, alot of manufacturers say 10 or 11 inch when its actually over that, prim example my hoyt spyder 30 bow and my hoyt crx 32 bow the spyder actually specs at 30 3/8in the crx 32 is over 32 but I can't recall by just how much, but my new viper measured 11 1/4 inch new so that's probably your target axle to axle

21 - 29 of 29 Posts