Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How fast is the tenpoint warranty turn around. I received my wicked ridge rdx 400 today, installed the stirrup and quiver. Outside I went, over joyed. Upon maybe 3/4 cock the limb snapped. A bit disappointed, but oh well. Does the tenpoint warranty pay for shipping both ways?

·
Registered
9,092 Posts
You will have to call and talk to them to find that out. Usually the owner pays shipping to them but on a brand new bow maybe not. Just give them a call.

·
Registered
41 Posts
How fast is the tenpoint warranty turn around. I received my wicked ridge rdx 400 today, installed the stirrup and quiver. Outside I went, over joyed. Upon maybe 3/4 cock the limb snapped. A bit disappointed, but oh well. Does the tenpoint warranty pay for shipping both ways?
Normally, a week at most

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
I’ve shipped my Vapor back twice (should have shipped it three times). They paid the first time, I paid the second. One of my lighted nocks apparently came unseated according to them and blowed the string off and bent cams and rollers axles. Sure as hell loaded the arrow correctly, the nocks will sometimes fly off or come loose. Cost me $300. Going to swap it for Ravin or sell it and get a different bow. Never had issues with the Barnett but the Vapor requires a high level of attention to detail and caution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’ve shipped my Vapor back twice (should have shipped it three times). They paid the first time, I paid the second. One of my lighted nocks apparently came unseated according to them and blowed the string off and bent cams and rollers axles. Sure as hell loaded the arrow correctly, the nocks will sometimes fly off or come loose. Cost me $300. Going to swap it for Ravin or sell it and get a different bow. Never had issues with the Barnett but the Vapor requires a high level of attention to detail and caution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Please don't say that. I have a cp sniper(my wife took it :) ) I also have a barnett droptine no problems with either.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You may be able to send/bring it back to the place you bought it and get a new one.
I've contacted Dave at wyvern he said he would contact tenpoint on Monday about sending it to them. It would have been great if he did that, i would probably opt for a different bow maybe a ravin or something. i understand things happen but on first 3/4 cock the limb cracked put a sour taste in my mouth which made me lose a bit of trust.

·
Registered
9,092 Posts
I've contacted Dave at wyvern he said he would contact tenpoint on Monday about sending it to them. It would have been great if he did that, i would probably opt for a different bow maybe a ravin or something. i understand things happen but on first 3/4 cock the limb cracked put a sour taste in my mouth which made me lose a bit of trust.
Call David and tell him that. I bet he will help out out if you want to do a swap.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
A retailer should accept returns for at least two weeks. I'm sure Wyvern is sending TP bows back to TOP all the time. He should do a swap for you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I talked to Dave @wyverns and he did not object to my asking to send my rdx back for a different bow. My budget for a new bow and accessories was $1100, my RDX was the $849 package. My plan was to add more custom arrows, case, field pod or BOG and a few other niceties to go along with the RDX. The only bow close to $1100 is the excalibur. The Ravin and Scorpyd are both $1300 which are more than I would like to spend. Any helpful advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I have a TP Stealth NXT and had a warranty issue with it that TP did solve, however it took Dave’s pressure to get them to respond to me. I’m happy with the end result, and grateful that I bought through Wyvern.

I would not hesitate to look into Excals too. In fact, I would buy one as my second xb in a heartbeat if I could afford it. I’ve been eyeing their Micro series, and particularly like the TD micros for travel.

·
Registered
9,092 Posts
So I talked to Dave @wyverns and he did not object to my asking to send my rdx back for a different bow. My budget for a new bow and accessories was $1100, my RDX was the $849 package. My plan was to add more custom arrows, case, field pod or BOG and a few other niceties to go along with the RDX. The only bow close to $1100 is the excalibur. The Ravin and Scorpyd are both $1300 which are more than I would like to spend. Any helpful advice would be appreciated.
There is a saying "buy once, cry once". If you can afford it buy the more expensive bow that you really want because if you don't you will regret it in the future. I bought cheap to save money when I started and now have owned 6 crossbows and still have 4 of them. I might add another soon. It is a sickness!!!
If you want an Excalibur buy a used one out of the classifieds as they have always honored the warranty. 2 of my current 4 are Excals.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I have a TP Stealth NXT and had a warranty issue with it that TP did solve, however it took Dave’s pressure to get them to respond to me. I’m happy with the end result, and grateful that I bought through Wyvern.

I would not hesitate to look into Excals too. In fact, I would buy one as my second xb in a heartbeat if I could afford it. I’ve been eyeing their Micro series, and particularly like the TD micros for travel.
Can you tell me what was the problem with the NXT? I have one. Thanks.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Can you tell me what was the problem with the NXT? I have one. Thanks.
My issue was before they changed over to the new alpha nock — the front end exploded when properly loaded and fired. They suspected a partial string jump from the Omni nock, as they had that happen enough to motivate development of the alpha nock. As I said, they took care of me with a warranty replacement, but I did have Dave from Wyvern on my side, and he sells enough product to get their attention when a customer has an issue.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
My issue was before they changed over to the new alpha nock — the front end exploded when properly loaded and fired. They suspected a partial string jump from the Omni nock, as they had that happen enough to motivate development of the alpha nock. As I said, they took care of me with a warranty replacement, but I did have Dave from Wyvern on my side, and he sells enough product to get their attention when a customer has an issue.
Yeah. It doesn't take much to see that an ultra narrow bow with an acute string angle can do that with an Omni. The 2018 NXT models came with arrows with Omni's. My NXT is a 2019 model. It came with Alpha's and the T5 trigger.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update....So tenpoint sends me a shipping label, i box up my bow and ship it out Monday. Wednesday I go to track the rdx and guess what...... It is lost. Neither tenpoint nor fedex knows where the crossbow is. I am having the worst luck with this crossbow.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts