Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Kelowna, (aka, KTown) BC./ Swat!!! :)
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my new Swat came with a new RMP scope. Now I'm wondering if I should just upgrade right away to an Evo-x, or just stick with what I got? I'm a very selective hunter, often holding out for the big boyz that are often nocturnal....Is the X gonna give me much more kill time at dusk?

BTW, I've read SEW's great test he did, but I don't think he had a RMP in the gig.

Oh these 1st world issues!!!!! :confused: I need more work to do...!

Thanks, KTK

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
I'm a TenPoint fan, have used both and still do. The RMP use goes back to 2015. The EVO-X is better and will buy you a few minutes. Sew defines it pretty well.

I'd advise you to go to your nearest Cabelas and look at a Sig Sierra3 BDX scope in the 2.5-8 or 3.5-10. They have excellent glass and it's a step into the next generation of Optics. You also gain magnification, loose being spotted in low light hunting because of objective illumination and you'll never have wash out issues. You can also set your own DBC settings and the number of lit reticles at any progressive yardages. If you care to, you can add on of their the BDX rangefinders and have an auto ranging option. Sounds expensive, right? The 3.5-10 scopes are very affordable and on sale all over the place.

Reactions: KTownKiller

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
Yikes! Those Sigs are crazy!!!!! :cool:
There are several threads on them in the "Scopes, Red Dots, Binoculars, and other optics" forum section. Optics Planet had the Sierra3 BDX 3.5-10X42 scopes on their door buster sale on Black Friday and a few guys got them for $200. eBay has some deals as well and if you are not picky about OLED (lit reticles) in the rangefinder you can buy a combo on eBay for less than $400 shipped.

Link to a Sierra3 / Kilo 1400 BDX combo:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SIG-SAUER-...416276&hash=item444cd4b724:g:uZYAAOSwxIld2vsQ

Reactions: KTownKiller
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.