Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having been a long time vertical bow shooter that did all my own maintenance, I have a few questions in order to keep my bows at optimum performance.

What is the ATA of these models?

How do I check cam timing?

What is the brace height for these models and where is it measured?

The Buck Buster is the 150# model and the Terminator is the 175#HP.

Thanks in advance.

oops, posted in wrong place, reposted in sticky.

·
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got tired of waiting for a reply on here so I called Parker today. I talked with Dave about the specs. The only spec is for ATA, and it is 26" on both xbows. There is no cam timing involved. If you notice that one cam is rotated more than the other it is probably a limb issue and needs to be looked at by the factory. There also is no brace height measurement.

I'm posting this info here instead of in the Rep Thread just incase I get a response there. I wish there was more things I could check, I'm bored today. Measured my ATA and it is 3/16" short, which will shorten the power stroke some, which will knock some speed off the arrow. I'm going to chrono the bow as is, then set the ATA exactly at 26" and chrono again. Will give me something to do, and might be interesting.

·
1,426 Posts
I am curious too.. many bows the way to higher speed is a longer power stroke... so it should make some difference.. 3/16ths is not much but it is someting...
dk

·
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chrono'ed the bow as is with ATA of 25 13/16". Parker arrow 125 gr, total 425gr. 336 fps 1' from chrony. With 100 gr tip, total 400 gr, 347fps. Lengthened string 2 twist each end, measured, no change. Lengthened string 2 more twist each end, no change again. Decided to chrono, 400 gr arrow, 333fps. Determined that cables would also need to be twisted to gain proper ATA. Decided I didn't want to mess with that right now, so I added the 4 twists to each end of the string I had removed. Chrono again, 400 gr arrow, 347fps.

I will try this again, only next time I will measure the string and cables, set them to factory length specs and see what develops. Before I do this I will record current settings so I can return the bow back to it's current state. At this point in time I'm pleased with speed and accuracy, just would like to know if there would/could be an improvement.

I'll keep you posted.

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
ATA?

This term is new to me. What exactly is ATA? String length?

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Ah yes. Thanks UL. Been playing with it, noticed the effect of string length as I install the ones I make, just didn't know the term.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts