Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I'm sitting in the blind, I also like to take pictures if I'm not shooting that specific animal that day. Keeps my busy and entertained. Since alot of you don't see all these critters we have, I'll share a few photos. Javelina, Bearded Hen, Axis deer, whitetail deer.

Attachments

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
How big do those axis deer get? Looks like they have very large racks in proportion to their bodies.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
buckeye dan said:
How big do those axis deer get? Looks like they have very large racks in proportion to their bodies.
They get to around 300 lbs. The horns are measured by length, and a trophy class is 36 inches to 40 inches on the main beam. I've never heard of one over 40 inches. That is a trophy and the little girl I was guiding, shot at him as her first animal with a crossbow. They are more leary and seem to be smarter than Whitetail. Sharper you could say. The whitetail buck picture is also while we were sitting in the blind that same morning, waiting for the truck.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
texasnative46 said:
GG,

i just cannot believe that you didn't shoot that little porker when you had the chance!

NICE PIX.

your www.friend, tn46
I did. He wouldn't go away, so I threw rocks and wood at him for two months. Twice a day. He didn't get the hint. I was hunting turkey and hogs, and he and his friends kept showing up each sitting and eating my bait. Not jut eating the bait. LAYING in the bait while eating the bait!
Then one day, I couldn't take it anymore!
Click here to see what happened TN46.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzMsdVsvaa4

·
110 Posts
Hello Guide Girl
As a new member I just wanted to say thanks for posting all the video and pic's it has been a joy watching and looking at your pic's! Keep up the good work!!!

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why thank you conductorguy. I appreciate you enjoying what I enjoy sharing. It's very nice of you to say so. Keeps me wanting to share.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts