Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Sliverado
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the crossbow community and crossbow hunting due to an accident that prevents me from using a compound bow like I have for 20 years. Hunting from the ground is nearly impossible with a compound unless you're in a blind and I don't like hunting in those unless I'm on a field. I've only been here for about a week and alot of people have helped with questions and concerns and I was on archerytalk and they were complete dicks to crossbow users there. There's alot of great people on here with alot of knowledge that don't care to help and I want to say thank you to everyone. Even the people at KI have been nice and extremely helpful and I feel like I made the right choice going with their company. Opening day here in Tennessee so hopefully the ol speed 425 will get to eat today. Thanks everyone

·
Registered
2017 Sliverado
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Archery is the art, sport, practice, or skill of using a bow to shoot arrows.[1] The word comes from the Latin arcus for bow.[2] Historically, archery has been used for hunting and combat. In modern times, it is mainly a competitive sport and recreational activity. This is from Wikipedia lol. Last time I checked crossbows shoot arrows so idc why some feel like it's not a type of archery but oh well I found a new home here.

·
Registered
6,629 Posts
Yeah, I don't get that either. If shooting crossbow is not Archery, then what is it? It's still a bow that shoots an arrow. This is why I never ever call an arrow a bolt. That just opens the door up for the critics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts