Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Western Wisconsin
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My mom loves venison bacon and asked me to get another deer. Had a nice young buck show up by my Dad's shack, on the 80 acres I grew up on. My Mom still lives there.

Got a 30 yard shot with my Burky/Orion Black Ops 5150. The ground pic is the entrance hole, hanging pic is the exit hole and you can see the heart! He went 40 yards, love those blood trails.

Was using Spynal Tapps with Firenocks and Truglo 4 blade expandables. My Bogpod tripod is rock steady! I don't shoot tons of deer, but these broadheads with be what I'm using next year!

Plant Twig Terrestrial plant Grass Groundcover

Organism Fawn Wallaby Grass Terrestrial animal

Brown Plant Twig Terrestrial plant Wood

Wood Butcher Natural material Meat Fish

Food Plant Human body Ingredient Cuisine

·
Registered
15,144 Posts
You made a great shot on that rutted up buck. Congrats.

Reactions: USAF Ret in Wis

·
Registered
112 Posts
Congrats! I tend to use a .308 Win during Thanksgiving in Wisconsin.

I shot a nice adult doe on my parents' farm this week. It's been decades since I shot a deer there. It definitely brings back memories.

You did a number on that buck! Can't wish for anything better on that shot! Great job!

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Well done sir!
Nose Cheek Smile Thumbs signal Jaw

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Wish all it took was someone tell me to go get a deer and I brought one back, LOL. Congrats on a nice one!

• Haha

·
Registered
804 Posts
My mom loves venison bacon and asked me to get another deer. Had a nice young buck show up by my Dad's shack, on the 80 acres I grew up on. My Mom still lives there.

Got a 30 yard shot with my Burky/Orion Black Ops 5150. The ground pic is the entrance hole, hanging pic is the exit hole and you can see the heart! He went 40 yards, love those blood trails.

Was using Spynal Tapps with Firenocks and Truglo 4 blade expandables. My Bogpod tripod is rock steady! I don't shoot tons of deer, but these broadheads with be what I'm using next year!

View attachment 212344
View attachment 212343
View attachment 212342
View attachment 212341

View attachment 212339
Congrats ! Nice bow and buck !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Now that's a extra Happy Thanksgiving bonus. I tried to have bacon made here and, somehow they made Canadian Bacon and, it was awful. I have to find somewhere or, a recipe to make American bacon like yours.

·
Registered
Western Wisconsin
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Now that's a extra Happy Thanksgiving bonus. I tried to have bacon made here and, somehow they made Canadian Bacon and, it was awful. I have to find somewhere or, a recipe to make American bacon like yours.
we've had it made for 25+ years from the same place and it's great every time!

my wife will give you anything she has, except venison bacon. She's like a prison warden with that stuff. I have to sneak it out to give to friends 😆

Road surface Natural material Asphalt Animal product Tar

1 - 20 of 49 Posts