Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caught wind of a deer hunting challenge from another forum. I had signed up there but don't see any info here. What's up UL ?

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
I still had a few questions I needed to ask before I made it public that Crossbow Nation was going to enter, but I guess the cats out of the bag. For those of you that don't know what Big-Bird is talking about, The "Hunting Brotherhood" forum is having a fun contest between other forums. If we can get a team of 20 people together or 2 teams of twenty, we can compete in a friendly competition between other forums. There are no prizes, just bragging rights.
I'll post the rules in another thread. I don't know even know how to sign up yet.

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Rules

Here are the rules.
Hello Everyone,

We'd like to invite you to participate in the first annual Huntingbrotherhood.com All-Forum Deer Contest. Since we all share a passion for hunting and most of us belong to multiple hunting forums, we thought it would be fun to hold a deerhunting contest between the participating forums. The only prize will be bragging rights, but we're hoping this will be a good opportunity to get introduced to some fellow hunters, enhance the camaraderie amongst forum members, see some pictures of some great deer that are taken, and most of all have a bunch of fun along the way.

The rules are simple: Simply sign up for the contest on http://huntingbrotherhood.com/ and pick the forum team that you would like to be on. The number of members per team will be limited to 20 and the scoring rules are as follows: All weapons are allowed, each team member can enter one buck and one doe, each deer will be worth 50 points with an additional 10 points given for each scorable (one inch) point on the bucks antlers. A photograph must be posted that includes the weapon and that verifies the number of points on a buck's rack. We will also allow team members to replace their buck with a larger one if they are lucky enough to connect again after their first submission.

Don't forget, we will only have 20 members per forum team although we will allow multiple teams per forum if enough members are interested. Registration will begin on August 1st and will close on Sept 14th. The contest begins August 15th and will continue until January 15th, 2009. We hope you have the opportunity to participate, and lets all have an enjoyable and safe hunting season. Good luck!

·
665 Posts
Find out Im in

·
114 Posts
rules are getting a minor make over, smaller teams ,multiple teams per forum are ok, final rules to be posted as soon as 3 other forums chime in, 2 days at the most, we look forwar to the challenge :)

·
114 Posts
Urban Legend said:
I still don't know where to go to sign up and how they will know you guys are from crossbow nation. I don't know who is in charge of keeping score either.
This whole thing is new to me.:)
ill post all of that when the other forums chime in, you guys can start picking your forum leaders in the mean time, that way we know who we are loosing from our forum that will be joining yours, if there are teams that have less than 5 members , the an honorary member form another forum may join that team, we want to make this as fun as posible and are looking at something for the winning forum, as soon as we get that settled I will let you guy know what we have in store for the winner.

·
114 Posts
just like there is a link for HBH, there will be links to all the forums involved so that we can meet each other & know who we are competing against, hopefully a magazine will pick up the story & provide exposure for all the forums involved, final details soon:)

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I'm in here. I'm more a xbow person than anything else. Still ain't it a bitch to have 2 great forums to pick from! The forum team over there is excellent and they even let thesource post his never ending anti xbow rant. How could it get any better? :)

·
114 Posts
Big-Bird-VA said:
Well I'm in here. I'm more a xbow person than anything else. Still ain't it a bitch to have 2 great forums to pick from! The forum team over there is excellent and they even let thesource post his never ending anti xbow rant. How could it get any better? :)
LOL, yeah , 55 pages of it:eek:.

dont worry, with 5 members per team, some forums will need the honorary member to be part of their team, for example forum "xxxxx" is needing 1 more member, you can volunteer to be part of their team.

and the prize? all the forums involved will be happy about it.:)

·
47 Posts
This sounds fun...Count me in. Where exactly do I sign up on that site? I found a challenge in the bowhunting section...Is this the right area to sign up?

·
114 Posts
Mountainman said:
This sounds fun...Count me in. Where exactly do I sign up on that site? I found a challenge in the bowhunting section...Is this the right area to sign up?
not yet my friend, to keep the confusion to a min,, each forum will have their team members sign up their team in the oppsing forums, example, my teams will come here & let you know who you are competing against, so far 4 forums involved.

details as soon as 3 other forums accept/reject the challenge.

·
509 Posts
Count me in,

Last year was the first year I ever harvested a whitetail by means other than a car:eek: I took two does last year and am looking to connect on my first buck. If you will have a newbie like me I am in!

Jake

·
665 Posts
I didn't get my name by mistake:D

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Well, can we at the least know if this is an all arrow contest or any weapon?
Is the point system going to be different if there is different methods of collection or not? Only whitetail deer, or other animals too?

I spoke with a guy about a deep south Texas year around lease 10 minutes ago on the phone, and said I'll take it, but will be going to see it Saturday. Darn if he is making me buy his two tower stands and feeders before he'll give me all the info for the lease. We meet in San Antonio for mexican food before we head out.
He's having knee replacement surgery and can't climb in the stands. It sounds like it backs up to the King Ranch. Awesome! Only 160 acres, but that's fine for me and Butch & company. $10.00 an acre, per year. Whitetail, hogs, javelina, Nilgai, coyote, bobcat dove & Quail.
If I get this lease a done deal Saturday, I'll definitely be in!

·
114 Posts
Guide Girl said:
Well, can we at the least know if this is an all arrow contest or any weapon?
Is the point system going to be different if there is different methods of collection or not? Only whitetail deer, or other animals too?

I spoke with a guy about a deep south Texas year around lease 10 minutes ago on the phone, and said I'll take it, but will be going to see it Saturday. Darn if he is making me buy his two tower stands and feeders before he'll give me all the info for the lease. We meet in San Antonio for mexican food before we head out.
He's having knee replacement surgery and can't climb in the stands. It sounds like it backs up to the King Ranch. Awesome! Only 160 acres, but that's fine for me and Butch & company. $10.00 an acre, per year. Whitetail, hogs, javelina, Nilgai, coyote, bobcat dove & Quail.
If I get this lease a done deal Saturday, I'll definitely be in!

Patience grass hoppers, multi weapons, cross forums challenges take time to organize & get going, we just got confirmation of the prize, I assure you, all forums will feels good about this one.
rrules & the rest of the details will be posted SAT, 3 forums need to chime in.

in the meantime, pick you forum leaders , 5 member teams for now, multiple teams per forum ok, we look forward to this challenge
:D

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
I think I want a piece of this action. I should be good for a couple of does at the minimum. The jury is still out on our resident monster buck being ready for harvest however.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts