Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just have to give a great big shoot out to burky i took a four hour trip to see him and have him look at my bow all that need to be said is he is an awesome person that know how to repair a bow he welcomed me into his shop like he knew me for years when in fact only met him for 5 minutes, said come in ,get your bow and lets see whats wrong 2 1/2 hours i was all set up to shoot darts again, walked me through everything he was doing and why. now for the best part he let me hold all of his creations that he had hanging up and i also got to shoot them the picks look awesome but to be able to hold the OMG unbelievable i ant say enough about the man i am so glad that i took the time to go meet him and i can tell you it will not be the last time i cross paths with him

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Your 2 kind !!
archers helping archers is what it is all about , glad i could get ya back up and running !!

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I wish Burky only lived 4 hours from me,LOL. Great guy and we are lucky to have him on this forum!!!

·
Registered
544 Posts
I wonder how far of a drive it is from Louisiana up to Burky's place? :unsure: :LOL:
Burky is a very gifted craftsman and obviously a generous man to boot.(y)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Your 2 kind !!
archers helping archers is what it is all about , glad i could get ya back up and running !!
Where is your shop? I keep hearing about it but haven't seen it named yet! I know the UP pretty well and I know you're up there somewhere from what everyone on here says...

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Where is your shop? I keep hearing about it but haven't seen it named yet! I know the UP pretty well and I know you're up there somewhere from what everyone on here says...
Deer Park

·
Registered
12 Posts
Deer Park
By Muskellonge? I didn't know there was enough there to be "from" there :) I went to Tech and did MDOT Coops during my time there. Covered just about every mile of state highway in the UP.

I saw your Scorpyd tuning videos on Youtube because I've got a DS420 on the way, very helpful. Thanks for your contributions!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just used Burky’s video today to put a new string and tune up my DS420, quick question, I’m at 13/16 on my timing and in sync, ata is at 1/16 over the factory specs, should a guy twist everything in or is that close enough?

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I just used Burky’s video today to put a new string and tune up my DS420, quick question, I’m at 13/16 on my timing and in sync, ata is at 1/16 over the factory specs, should a guy twist everything in or is that close enough?
I'd leave it and let the new strings settle in a bit after you shoot it,then adjust to spec.......It's close enough to shoot some!

Reactions: burky247365

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Tnmtns answered for me !!

Reactions: robertyb
1 - 20 of 22 Posts