Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Centerpoint Volt 300 Mods

Yeah, I got bored enough to mod my Volt 300. And now, I am boring you with my mods to that Volt 300.

Well firstly, here is a picture of a lock, stock and barrel Centerpoint Volt 300. Being as it is a considerably unheralded bow I figured most would not recognize it if it vaped in your face. So, tada: VOLT NEW

Now be advised ifn yur stomach be weak! What proceeds be pictures of what you can do to a synthetic crossbow body with a hacksaw, a PVC pipe cutter, a file and an abrasive wheel what hooks into your standard household corded drill, some 0000 steelwool, and some red fingernail polish, some JB Weld, black spray paint, pink fingernail polish and some Gorilla glue. With an assist to a Black & Decker Workmate.

That’s what you start with, and if you are a butcher like me, this is what you end with: VOLT HACKED

As you can see in the picture below I just hacked off stuff that I thought looked stupid or I could decipher no reasonable reason for, and then I ground off the stubs with files and sand paper and such. What was left was contact spots. I found that I only used the bottom of the butt pad, so I lopped off the top. Lopped off the stock below the butt pad, too because, yeah.

You can clearly see where the red fingernail polish went. Why should I advertise for Centerpoint? The pink fingernail polish was actually used like Locktite on that little nut to keep it from vibrating loose—which reminds me—I have to paint that thing black. Anyway, that little rubber pad held in between that plastic brace fits perfectly into the palm of my hand. Now, if I could only figure out how to fix that trigger….

Okay, maybe the only earnest mod, but maybe not. I ordered up some magnetic levels from the intertubes and since they wouldn’t stick to my aluminum rail, busted them dudes out of their holders and JB Welded one right on the rail and it turned out kind of fly. Takes up no useful sight lens space. Score again red dot sights.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Looks great. I always peel the stickers off or paint over em. I also find a couple places to wrap with paracord in case I need some in the field.
Oncebitten

1 - 4 of 4 Posts