Crossbow Nation banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
7,087 Posts
But! It is very cool when the 10 year old granddaughter outshoots Grandpa with a 600 dollar bow verses a 1,800.00 bow with 800 bucks of optics mounted :giggle: Little Annie Oakley she is.
Score to that that granddaughter! Take that grandpa! :p As a grandfather I say that is a win/win.

·
Registered
7,087 Posts
why would n't a person want extremely fast pin point accuracy.?
other then the cost.... its is way beyond my comprehension level.

i use believe the ..its hard to pull the arrows out excuse, then i realized i been buying the wrong targets.

Ok.....maybe shooting everyday of the week, would have me want a calmer bow
Or owning only one bow might do it.
For me you gotta factor in serving and cable life as a variable regarding the need for speed. That's my prism with crossbows. We all have our reasons.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
I'm a 400ish and below guy. My 68 Camaro SS has a 427 with a 4-10 posi but a 327 would be more appropriate. 427 has factory cables in case the motor mounts fail. Lots of power to try and control o_O
[/QUOT

You should fill up the trunk and the back seat with cement blocks and bricks....then you will have prolonged engine and drive train llfe...:LOL:

(sure would like a ride in that thang someday)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
i actually do have a slow bow. Its the Ravin r10 shooting 396
this is the bow i use in the Rain or in a stand that not set up very good in case of a drop.
Probably get used the most again this year.

·
Registered
Western Wisconsin
1,114 Posts
why would n't a person want extremely fast pin point accuracy.?
other then the cost.... its is way beyond my comprehension level.

i use believe the ..its hard to pull the arrows out excuse, then i realized i been buying the wrong targets.

Ok.....maybe shooting everyday of the week, would have me want a calmer bow
Or owning only one bow might do it.
I own just one bow and want it to be low maintenance. To me, that means not a super high speed bow.

When I received my Orion 135, it had chrono'd at 387 by SSAS, that's good enough for me 😎👍

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
yep. if you own one bow you have to make the right choice and that would be one that stays together.

I have never been down to less then 2.
After seeing my friend try to tape his center serving down till the shop opened at 11.00 and a 40 minute drive while hunting early December left me thinking i will never be in that position ever. Work too many hours for that.
I can say the best way to never have a bow issue is to blow money on a back up, then you will never need it. Just the way it works.

·
Registered
14,675 Posts
I dont own a chrony. If I did all I would do is see how fast my two bows are shooting and then I'd put it bak on a shelf. That's why I havent bought one.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I use my chrono every time i buy new arrows. Chrono the speed after making sure weight is within .01 gr. on all of them, then use ballistic calulator to get my drops in moa to make sure drops are right before making tape for my scope. Saves a lot of walking and measuring drop by shootingat targets at every 5 yds and correcting constantly.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
for 100.00 I sure am not debating if i need one or not..................................😀

41 - 50 of 50 Posts