Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got them in the mail my New Thorn Broadheads - 2.2" 125 grain crossbow.

I'm very excited to try them out. The owner of Thorn Broadheads, Andy Buchanan is a very honorable man, not only does he build a great product but he takes an interest in every customers satisfaction personally.

This brief story is to demonstrate his unwaivering commitment to his customers.

I Pre- ordered (3)-of these new 2.2" Cut 125 Grain Thorn Broadheads several months ago.
Buying from a fellow North Carolina resident and a company that builds in the U.S. "to me" is important.

After several months of waiting for them to arrive, I started to become nervous about the extended delay and was concerned if they would arrive in time for archery season. I decided to reach out to him via e-mail and politely expressed my concerns about the long delay no sooner did I hit send, my phone rang and it was Andy Buchanan calling me personally about my e-mail.

He explained the delay and took a lot of his valuable time to very thoroughly explain his products and the story of his company.

I believed in his products and even more importantly, I believe in the man who developed the company. In this day and age of corporate America, it's very hard to find a company owner who would take this much time to make sure that each of his customers were satisfied.

I Only Bought (3)- Broadheads . From a business prospective, his time equates to money, the profit he made on three little broadheads compared to the time he took to make sure that "I was good" was most likely a loss to his company.

So the least I could do for him is to share this story in hopes it will help him sell more Thorn Broadhead products.

For those of you on the fence about Thorn Broadheads, I hope that this story calms your fears. Thorn Broadheads is a company that cares about every product they build and every customer they have

I can't wait to shoot them and put down a nice deer to complete this lengthy long winded story.

Thank You Andy, God Bless!!

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
I’ll be trying out the Thorn HXP this year.
Love to try the 2.2 someday.
Thanks for your post.

Reactions: John H

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
No, just a foam type target.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I bought Thorn broadheads for spring turkey season and was impressed with the design. I used one on a jake and he didn't go far. I touched up the blades and put it back in the quiver. This year my daughter will try them deer hunting. She likes them because she can practice with them without dulling the blades. We shot yesterday and she was pretty happy with her results. This was her best shot. That oughta work.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
I’m very excited how they’re built and shoot.
My biggest concern will be if they open on contact.
I’ll be watching for reviews this season to see how they perform from hunting.

Reactions: SEW

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I'd like to try them but $70.00 for three heads is a deal breaker. Especially when I hunt on the ground and loose arrows often... lol
I have the same problem. I'm a still hunter and sneak up on game instead of letting them come to me. Arrows are lost easily. However. i've said before. I'll trade an arrow for game in the freezer. Especially, an elk. :)

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
Reactions: John H

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am willing to gamble on loosing one head based on the improvement in shooting accuracy, and the 2.2" cutting diameter, I personally believe it will increase my odds of harvesting a deer. I will use a lighted nock to help find the arrow.
There are a lot of great reviews on Thorn, and lots of video's of tests done by strait up good honest users. Ive not seen one negative issue on them.

"IF" the Broadheads are properly used: shear pin installed correctly, the blades are seated correctly, they are clean no grit inside, and the practice clip is removed. Just about every single person say they fly like field tips and always deploy.

If you want to test the blade deployment you need to use a hide in front of the target its the way the rip tip system works.
These are unlike other broad heads IMHO ,I studied long and hard and Thorn Broadheads an Iron Will fix blades will be the only two broad heads in my quiver. Its expensive, but to me but it's worth "MY" investment to have the most accurate broad head and arrow combination. I already mortgaged my house to buy a Ravin Crossbow :confused::confused::(:(might as well go all in??

"Just my humble opinion".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts