Crossbow Nation banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
9,800 Posts
Are those ethical?
Ethics is ... such a restrictive concept, perpetrated on us by rigid minds with austere imaginations. :p "Overkill is underrated." :sneaky:😂

Reactions: rt2bowhunter

·
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Good luck with your new bow JH. I'm sure you'll love it. I never met a Micro I didn't like.
You gonna get to shoot it today?
No will only have time on the weekend. I'm already in love. Thank you very much. I did not think it would be this small. It's tiny!

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

·
1,862 Posts
I never got to try a Micro i always liked them. But we used to have a 18" min arrow reg. And i didn't want that much arrow sticking out beyond the bow.

Best of luck with your new bow. I'd say its a dandy deer killer!

·
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I never tried a Micro either as I still shoot a Matrix and saw no reason to change over.
Go and shoot one. I was shooting an exocet200 and it never let me down. But this bow is something else. It's very tiny in comparison. Well balanced and speed are perfect for me.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I'd like to build an Excalibur Vortex spec wide limb with a Take Down Brace and a Micro stock , HHA, 3-9 X 50 AO Hawke mil dot scope , Comp trigger and one of Boo s Flemish strings
I built a Vortex with a micro stock last year for my dad. After shooting it some we switched it back to the old stock. Balance was thrown way too far forward with the micro stock. I just put the Vortex front end on a BD400 frame recently, only lost 3/8" of the power stroke, but the bullpup stock made the balance even better than the original Vortex.

·
Registered
12,489 Posts
Go and shoot one. I was shooting an exocet200 and it never let me down. But this bow is something else. It's very tiny in comparison. Well balanced and speed are perfect for me.

I would shoot every crossbow on the market if there was a place I could do so anywhere close to me but there isn't. I bought all my crossbows sight unseen. Parker, Excaliburs, Scorpyd and Ravin.

·
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I would shoot every crossbow on the market if there was a place I could do so anywhere close to me but there isn't. I bought all my crossbows sight unseen. Parker, Excaliburs, Scorpyd and Ravin.
Exco and Micro

·
Registered
131 Posts
I built a Vortex with a micro stock last year for my dad. After shooting it some we switched it back to the old stock. Balance was thrown way too far forward with the micro stock. I just put the Vortes front end on a BD400 frame recently, only lost 3/8" of the power stroke, but the bullpup stock made the balance even better than the original Vortex.
Good to know , thanks for posting ,,,,,I saw you did that for your dad and how easy the install turned out to be but wondered about the ballance

Recently figured maybe a Matrix 400 be a better way to go I'm not totally against the idea of bull pup stock but don't like the feel of a trigger with & linkage .( could have been a worn out linkage the one I tried )

I need to find out more how the TD brace location mount fits to the rail , then get a used crossbow in the 400 series BD or Matrix both are around 14 inch draw so that should make for a viable wide limb TD in the 300-340 fps range

I'm going to have to square off the end of the rail for sure for the TD brace to fit while keeping that approximately 14 inch of draw ,
Fabricate a conversation block to take up the step in a regular none TD rail , that will be the challenge , I've got a few good options to custom alloy fabricators local that would have no problem doing that once I figure it out ....

If any one reading this as a TD complete Brace and mount or a 400 series matrix or BD for sale in Canada , let me know ......

·
9,800 Posts
Excalibur? Really? ... 😂 Yeah, Excalibur might be the perfect hunting crossbow if it was the twelfth century...lol This is 2021 and there's 50 bows out there that are better. :p

·
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Excalibur? Really? ... Yeah, Excalibur might be the perfect hunting crossbow if it was the twelfth century...lol This is 2021 and there's 50 bows out there that are better. :p
Hahaha. Duke, I like Scorpyd also but there is no dealer in SA. Let's face it how many crossbows can survive an alligator attack?

·
3,248 Posts
Good to know , thanks for posting ,,,,,I saw you did that for your dad and how easy the install turned out to be but wondered about the ballance

Recently figured maybe a Matrix 400 be a better way to go I'm not totally against the idea of bull pup stock but don't like the feel of a trigger with & linkage .( could have been a worn out linkage the one I tried )

I need to find out more how the TD brace location mount fits to the rail , then get a used crossbow in the 400 series BD or Matrix both are around 14 inch draw so that should make for a viable wide limb TD in the 300-340 fps range

I'm going to have to square off the end of the rail for sure for the TD brace to fit while keeping that approximately 14 inch of draw ,
Fabricate a conversation block to take up the step in a regular none TD rail , that will be the challenge , I've got a few good options to custom alloy fabricators local that would have no problem doing that once I figure it out ....

If any one reading this as a TD complete Brace and mount or a 400 series matrix or BD for sale in Canada , let me know ......
You could make one equivalent to this with a Vixen 2 and Matrix limbs. One inch shorter if you can find a thumbhole stock and forward trigger. Due to the draw weight (340-350#), you‘d probably want a Trigger Tech or ADP. Mine is DTM riser, rail, and sniper trigger. Target is 60 yards at our club’s outdoor range target.
7F8AD3B8-6755-4B3F-94E1-2CC3ABA56B6D.jpeg 32F07169-BA56-4F72-A873-8ECBA9279358.jpeg

·
Registered
131 Posts
You could make one equivalent to this with a Vixen 2 and Matrix limbs. One inch shorter if you can find a thumbhole stock and forward trigger. Due to the draw weight (340-350#), you‘d probably want a Trigger Tech or ADP. Mine is DTM riser, rail, and sniper trigger. Target is 60 yards at our club’s outdoor range target.
View attachment 190130 View attachment 190131
Nice work , must be a stone cold killer ,,,,

I'm trying to get around 280-340 fps max as it's mainly for 3D competition so I've got to end up with something easy to rope cock all day and long in the rail for added Accuracy and 20 inch arrows use

A TD version of a long limber is just an idea I had for easy transportation and putting it together with a matrix or bulldog 400 series gets me a two for one deal , lower power for target use with the wide limbs fitted and the option for high power with the change back to matrix limbs....

The micro 340 / matrix limb swap over Is 100% staying that way ,it really is so nice too shoot now and has the same specs as a Vixen 2 .

So this idea is just that right now an idea that I'm sure most will scratch there heads at ,,,, maybe to me it only makes sense....

·
3,248 Posts
Nice work , must be a stone cold killer ,,,,

I'm trying to get around 280-340 fps max as it's mainly for 3D competition so I've got to end up with something easy to rope cock all day and long in the rail for added Accuracy and 20 inch arrows use

A TD version of a long limber is just an idea I had for easy transportation and putting it together with a matrix or bulldog 400 series gets me a two for one deal , lower power for target use with the wide limbs fitted and the option for high power with the change back to matrix limbs....

The micro 340 / matrix limb swap over Is 100% staying that way ,it really is so nice too shoot now and has the same specs as a Vixen 2 .

So this idea is just that right now an idea that I'm sure most will scratch there heads at ,,,, maybe to me it only makes sense....
I see. I can get this one cocked with a rope, but all day long would take someone much younger and stronger. ;) I understand the 3D conundrum. Fast enough to cover ranging errors, not too fast for cocking and target penetration. Good luck with the project.:)

41 - 60 of 70 Posts