Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been having great results. Shot a doe at 30 yards on high alert after one of her buds snorted. Didn’t matter she’s in the freezer. Very good pointing crossbow. Handles extremely well in tree stand. I actually practiced very little this summer before deer season opened. I was using a rimfire rifle a lot though. I seem to have not missed a beat with my R29. Thirty and forty yard shots on deer out of a tree stand is like shooting fish out of a barrel. Easy peasy.

Go Ravin ! !

Oh yeah I am a fan alright. And for good reason. Bow works well.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
1hunter,
Congrats again.
That's one Hoss of a buck.
Those R29s are taking em down.
But of course, it's the guy behind the crossbow that matters most.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Shot a small doe this morning out of a blind. She as hard left out of the window. Try this with a reverses limb or say broader limb bow setup like Excalibur. Touch the trigger and had to shoot through what looked like a 3” gap in the small 1-3” diameter bushes. Deer went went down, straight down. Distance of 20-21 yards.

Just to be able to manage this short bow in this real small blind the way I did is remarkable.
I shot a deer second day of season, had to put the bow real close to tree tree stand was in, big ash tree. Again try this with a reverse limb or broader limb setup bow. It ain’t happening. Been there and done that. And sure I may could have waited and deer would have moved where another style crossbow would do, but I don’t like letting deer stand around me for long periods - if I am not after a big buck.

Think I have killed 2 with my R29 out of tree stand where’s deer had me hamstrung - body position wise (I generally shoot right handed only), so I just shot the deer left handed. The weight, length balance of R29 makes this shooting left handed a whole lot easier.

Maybe I should take two Ravin bows to the stand with me. Makes for faster reloading. For multiples kills.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Riflenut, wow congrats again! Exactly what drew me to the Ravins in the first place...their compact size. 100% of my hunting is done from the ground in pop up hunting blinds, where space is sometimes at a premium. IMHO, nothing else compares to these awesome bows, all things considered!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Congrats to both of you! The ability to easily shoot these bows out of my current hunting blinds (small windows) is also a big reason I looked at Ravin's originally.

BTW, that's a cool picture of both your bows 1Hunter!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts