Crossbow Nation banner

61 - 80 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I am not in the crossbow review service. If it's too hard to do I can understand you not doing it. You may uncover deficiencies that manufacturers would not like and be hesitant to give you their bows to review. They are given to you gratis right? I am relating what REAL EFFECTIVE reviews should entail. Not just a review of specs that can be had on the manufacturers website. If I want to see a commercial, I'll look at your reviews. It has no value for people who are looking for the quality of a bow over time.
If you don't want to take my feedback, it's your business. It's my opinion.
Some of my reviews are after a season of hunting with a bow, I show the bow up close, use the same tools to record speed, noise and triggers. I don't get paid to do it, the hunting industry doesn't see value in YouTube reviews like the auto industry does in build videos, auto industry has the brown truck delivering parts at your door before you hang up telling them about the build. For the amount of time in effort put into a review, I am obviously not doing it for $$$$... Just set up a camera and get some footage and edit, sure, standing in front of a phone and holding a product and talking about it took as long as you see, they don't edit and post! My reviews give a good look at the bow and real readings that can be compared to other bows I have reviewed, that's it! And those that don't like the reviews, nobody says you have to watch them!

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Some of my reviews are after a season of hunting with a bow, I show the bow up close, use the same tools to record speed, noise and triggers. I don't get paid to do it, the hunting industry doesn't see value in YouTube reviews like the auto industry does in build videos, auto industry has the brown truck delivering parts at your door before you hang up telling them about the build. For the amount of time in effort put into a review, I am obviously not doing it for $$$$... Just set up a camera and get some footage and edit, sure, standing in front of a phone and holding a product and talking about it took as long as you see, they don't edit and post! My reviews give a good look at the bow and real readings that can be compared to other bows I have reviewed, that's it! And those that don't like the reviews, nobody says you have to watch them!
You didn't answer, "they are given to you right?"

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Hopefully that is a rhetorical question. Anyone that does the number of reviews that TheFieldArcher does will not and should not pay for a bow. Other than being a crazy expensive habit a few bows a year, having not paid for a bow will eliminate value. Value is different for everyone so not having to pay for a bow allows a tester/reviewer to assess the bow and not place his personal opinion based on his economic position in life.
I take great interest in FieldArcher's review because he has done so many in hunting situations. I see no hostility towards manufacturers, no biased opinions and the more he tests, the better the reviews get.
Have you seen any of FA's reviews that were criticisms? Is it possible that they are all "perfect".?

·
1,639 Posts
Have you seen any of FA's reviews that were criticisms? Is it possible that they are all "perfect".?
Not sure what point you are driving at. I do not know for sure but I believe that FieldArcher has taken the position of an exhibitor of as many bows as he can. I see the man showing us the features and benefits of all the bows he reviews. I guess the question is do you want a person paid by a factory to give features and benefits of the bows or would you rather hear it and see it by a guy who has done a great variety and actually hunts? If not the later, just dont watch! I see absolutely nothing wrong with his videos and would rather watch his than a factory video or anyone else's. To be clear, I have never spoken, met or seen FieldArcher in person.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Not sure what point you are driving at. I do not know for sure but I believe that FieldArcher has taken the position of an exhibitor of as many bows as he can. I see the man showing us the features and benefits of all the bows he reviews. I guess the question is do you want a person paid by a factory to give features and benefits of the bows or would you rather hear it and see it by a guy who has done a great variety and actually hunts? If not the later, just dont watch! I see absolutely nothing wrong with his videos and would rather watch his than a factory video or anyone else's. To be clear, I have never spoken, met or seen FieldArcher in person.
I see no difference in the two. The "reviews" show features and specs from the manufacturer and from FA. Understand, I am not "bashing" FA, only questioning the true value of his videos. I have seen enough to know I will not get any critiquing. I admire his desire to relay info to hunter's that do not seek them on their own.

·
1,639 Posts
I see no difference in the two. The "reviews" show features and specs from the manufacturer and from FA. Understand, I am not "bashing" FA, only questioning the true value of his videos. I have seen enough to know I will not get any critiquing. I admire his desire to relay info to hunter's that do not seek them on their own.
I can tell you one thing. Reviewing, testing etc of bows for me is boring, costly and often a whole lot of work. It takes a special person to do any many as he does. There is absolutely no way I'd do what he does. I dont have the time and I no longer go to work!

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Looks to me like you are bashing him by questioning his integrity.
He isn't lying about anything. So I'm not questioning his integrity.
He still has not answered my question as to whether he gets "free stuff".

·
Registered
10,467 Posts
Of course he probably gets free stuff. And by inferring that by getting free stuff he is skewing his reviews to a more positive view is questioning his integrity. He does not do these reviews for this forum. He does them for his YouTube channel and anyone who is doing as many reviews as he does will receive free samples to review from Manufactures who want reviews done as that is cheap advertising for them. It is not like he goes out and solicits free crossbows with a promise to give a good review but you are inferring that is what he does.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
if he gets it for free or not what's the difference ?
If he get's it free and he gives a bad review, how many companies will give it to him?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I can tell you one thing. Reviewing, testing etc of bows for me is boring, costly and often a whole lot of work. It takes a special person to do any many as he does. There is absolutely no way I'd do what he does. I dont have the time and I no longer go to work!
I appreciate your kind words and that coming from someone who knows, means a lot!

He isn't lying about anything. So I'm not questioning his integrity.
He still has not answered my question as to whether he gets "free stuff".
"free stuff"... Now probably things you don't think about... I am not saying I am better or beating my chest, just giving you numbers compared to one of the best, if not the best in the industry and I am not even close, I don't even exist in the industry... BUT in the YouTube world, Nockonarchery on YouTube, John Dudley started his YouTube channel 9 days after I did, He has 205 more videos than I do but I have over 15 million more views than he does, I have over 76K subscribers, John doesn't make his subscriber count public... Now BowHunterPlanet that is more review oriented, they have under 30K subscribers to my over 76K subscribers and BHP has 1,223 videos vs. my 252 videos and BHP has just over 12 million views on their videos and I have over 34 million and BHP started a year before me! BHP gets paid to do reviews, Test Lab gets more $$$$ than their regular review.

And if I told you I don't just get "free stuff"... would it blow your mind?

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I appreciate your kind words and that coming from someone who knows, means a lot!

"free stuff"... Now probably things you don't think about... I am not saying I am better or beating my chest, just giving you numbers compared to one of the best, if not the best in the industry and I am not even close, I don't even exist in the industry... BUT in the YouTube world, Nockonarchery on YouTube, John Dudley started his YouTube channel 9 days after I did, He has 205 more videos than I do but I have over 15 million more views than he does, I have over 76K subscribers, John doesn't make his subscriber count public... Now BowHunterPlanet that is more review oriented, they have under 30K subscribers to my over 76K subscribers and BHP has 1,223 videos vs. my 252 videos and BHP has just over 12 million views on their videos and I have over 34 million and BHP started a year before me! BHP gets paid to do reviews, Test Lab gets more $$$$ than their regular review.

And if I told you I don't just get "free stuff"... would it blow your mind?
You still didn't answer the question but throw in all kinds of words to avoid the question. DO YOU GET FREE STUFF? I can put it another way, what percent of the things you review do you actually buy?

·
8,915 Posts
Any review … paid, unpaid, solicited, unsolicited has some value. Like anything else on a forum or conveying information: "take what you can use and just file away what doesn't pertain to your philosophies." Field Archer is rarely if ever negative, yet still comes across as not being a "homer" to me personally. It's really easy to be negative and knock people, places and things. In a way I sometimes envy those who avoid it and at a minimum respect those who can. And being lost in all this is: Field's entertainment value. It's just fun watching his videos. :)

·
Banned
360 Posts
I will quit archery, once it gets boring. Room for both insider and/or end user perspective. Separate the wheat from the chaff! 🐍

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Of course he probably gets free stuff. And by inferring that by getting free stuff he is skewing his reviews to a more positive view is questioning his integrity. He does not do these reviews for this forum. He does them for his YouTube channel and anyone who is doing as many reviews as he does will receive free samples to review from Manufactures who want reviews done as that is cheap advertising for them. It is not like he goes out and solicits free crossbows with a promise to give a good review but you are inferring that is what he does.
My YouTube channel is a bowhunting channel first... All of the views my channel will generate on a review and if I take it hunting, all of those views, you would think I was getting the bows at no cost... I am just a nobody that self records bow hunts and does reviews and doesn't have "free stuff" coming from every direction! Sorry, if you want to do this and think $3K bows will be coming in the mail for free, maybe I just suck at negotiating, don't get yourself all worked up and think about quitting your full time job anytime soon!

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
My YouTube channel is a bowhunting channel first... All of the views my channel will generate on a review and if I take it hunting, all of those views, you would think I was getting the bows at no cost... I am just a nobody that self records bow hunts and does reviews and doesn't have "free stuff" coming from every direction! Sorry, if you want to do this and think $3K bows will be coming in the mail for free, maybe I just suck at negotiating, don't get yourself all worked up and think about quitting your full time job anytime soon!
You are still dancing around.. Answer the question. Do you get free stuff OR what percent of the items you review are PURCHASED by you? It's a very simple question that can be answered in one sentence.

·
8,915 Posts
You need … an Agent Field? 😂 I'm available.:p

61 - 80 of 113 Posts