Crossbow Nation banner

81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
You are still dancing around.. Answer the question. Do you get free stuff OR what percent of the items you review are PURCHASED by you? It's a very simple question that can be answered in one sentence.
For a small fee I will get that answer for you, PM me, I take PayPal...

·
Registered
431 Posts
I've been hunting for 40 years, and every magazine has reviews in every issue, this bow,, this gun, this arrow, this bullet, and the list can go on and on that it's the best....never once if I recall have they given anything a bad recall......I would rather get up front/honest review from a person who is a just average everyday guy who loves archery, and hunting in general like me then some dude who is writer first and and maybe a hunter or not, but he/she must give good review on products to keep the magazine happy and their client happy

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
For a small fee I will get that answer for you, PM me, I take PayPal...
OK, no sense in beating a dead horse. I know the answer and I have no problem with it. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: Boo

·
Banned
360 Posts
You’re grasping @ straws, ryb. Seems like you have a 🐕 in this. Let the boys hash it out. Some good perspective on both sides, IMO.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
OK, no sense in beating a dead horse. I know the answer and I have no problem with it. Keep up the good work!
Thanks... but Duke PM'd me his negotiating sheet 101 and I guess the calls and time made to see if there is interest in a review and the media email they ask for... it all takes time and time is money! AND my data sheets on, does it get sent back, option to buy or gratis are worth something and I am feeling much better about myself! lol

·
8,895 Posts
Thanks... but Duke PM'd me his negotiating sheet 101 and I guess the calls and time made to see if there is interest in a review and the media email they ask for... it all takes time and time is money! AND my data sheets on, does it get sent back, option to buy or gratis are worth something and I am feeling much better about myself! lol
A good agent … is a therapist as much as a contract negotiator. They make you feel strong, valued, worthwhile, and relevant. 😂

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
The Nemesis is a great Crossbow. I've been shooting mine for a year now. Although there's the issue with the premature center serving wear, it can be contained or abated, per say, with proper maintenance and a properly served string. The faster anything goes in this world, the faster it will have problems somewhere with something. Whether it's a car, boat, train, plane or rocket. The faster something goes, the more fuel it will burn at an accelerated rate or the tires will rip apart or wear faster, the more oil it will need to keep the parts moving freely without binding or welding together. It's just the laws of nature. You can't expect something that goes as fast as the Nemesis does without some kind of issue here and there and/or a high or more involved maintenance regimen.....am I right ?

·
8,895 Posts
The Nemesis is a great Crossbow. I've been shooting mine for a year now. Although there's the issue with the premature center serving wear, it can be contained or abated, per say, with proper maintenance and a properly served string. The faster anything goes in this world, the faster it will have problems somewhere with something. Whether it's a car, boat, train, plane or rocket. The faster something goes, the more fuel it will burn at an accelerated rate or the tires will rip apart or wear faster, the more oil it will need to keep the parts moving freely without binding or welding together. It's just the laws of nature. You can't expect something that goes as fast as the Nemesis does without some kind of issue here and there and/or a high or more involved maintenance regimen.....am I right ?
To a degree … would be my thought. If you're pushing race cars to the limits of design, engineering and materials I'd say yes. But now you bump that technology back a notch and put it in a street car or motorcycle, you'll get yourself otherworldly performance that will blister anything on the road. You'll get that performance and the machine can hold together for decades.

Looking specifically at the Nemesis, Scorpyds aren't coming unglued, it's just serving wear. Now whether it's a serving material issue, or a string pressure issue, or even guys over-cocking the narrow bow and damaging the serving issue, I don't think it has anything to do with pushing the envelope of "fast" or performance.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
My ts 370 has over2000 shots on it strings and cables held up for around 1000 shots before replacement. Now using a new 3rd set from Marty. Chrono at 377 fps with 400 gn. Oem spec at 370 with 370 gn. Trigger still perfect,accuracy spot on.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
My ts 370 has over2000 shots on it strings and cables held up for around 1000 shots before replacement. Now using a new 3rd set from Marty. Chrono at 377 fps with 400 gn. Oem spec at 370 with 370 gn. Trigger still perfect,accuracy spot on.
Field Archer, love to see you do a field test on Barnett's TS380. If it's anything like the TS370 with a bit more oomph like to get your thoughts. There is a growing group of TS370 owners out there for this highly underrated Xbow.

I have been told that Barnett lurks this forum and has taken nots on the string to rail pressure and the TS380 has been machined/manufactured to eliminate the downward bowstring pressure on the shooting rail. If so that is a notable positive.

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
To a degree … would be my thought. If you're pushing race cars to the limits of design, engineering and materials I'd say yes. But now you bump that technology back a notch and put it in a street car or motorcycle, you'll get yourself otherworldly performance that will blister anything on the road. You'll get that performance and the machine can hold together for decades.

Looking specifically at the Nemesis, Scorpyds aren't coming unglued, it's just serving wear. Now whether it's a serving material issue, or a string pressure issue, or even guys over-cocking the narrow bow and damaging the serving issue, I don't think it has anything to do with pushing the envelope of "fast" or performance.
Makes sense to me....

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
That would be a major accomplishment for me if the set I made for your bow holds out for 1,000 shots on your bow! I don't see any reason why it shouldn't but, by knowing that the previous set did. What ill do is if my set doesn't out perform the previous, I'll replace it for free ! That's my promise to you !

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
I'm not in this for the money. Don't get me wrong though, the money is nessassary for more materials and whatnot but, it's a fringe benefit to me. My driving motivator is the passion I feel for these weapons and what they bring thier owners. I have this driving force, that's in me, that compels me to build strings. I've been doing it everyday since I've started over 2 years ago now ! Every day !
It's enjoyable creating them and it's a good feeling at the end of the day and gives me something to look forwards to every morning. I think I'll be building these custom Archery strings until the day they put me 6 feet under. No doubt in my mind........
But, I don't want to railroad this thread and detract it away from its main topic.... sorry !

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
That would be a major accomplishment for me if the set I made for your bow holds out for 1,000 shots on your bow! I don't see any reason why it shouldn't but, by knowing that the previous set did. What ill do is if my set doesn't out perform the previous, I'll replace it for free ! That's my promise to you !
Already outperforming.

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
Already outperforming.
Great ! I couldn't help but feel a bit of anxiety when you said how many shots you got from your previous set. I am sitting here crossing my fingers and going over everything I've learned so far....lol....

81 - 100 of 113 Posts