Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We’ve been working very hard this summer putting out new licking branches, mineral stump , running feeders, food plots and another elevated platform for a hunting blind. With all this hard work and money in food plots, running feeders and other chores, we hope it’s not in vain. The person who hunts the property next to us, never does anything to improve the deer habitat and doesn’t own the land, but puts his treestand 5 yards off the fence line pointing toward us.
Go figure, but what can you do!

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
...The person who hunts the property next to us, never does anything to improve the deer habitat and doesn’t own the land, but puts his treestand 5 yards off the fence line pointing toward us.
Great video, nice touch with the soundtrack as usual, AllNirtoedUp,
About the "leech"-hunter, maybe hang a few sheets right at the fence line between his treestand and the plot of land you take care of and hunt.
Painting some choice images on the sheets may send an even more obvious message LOL! :cool:

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Great video and it will pay off..... And it's a labor of love, right?

I've had a very busy time since Feb and may have overdone it in some respects. Hope not but we'll see.

·
Registered
13,229 Posts

We’ve been working very hard this summer putting out new licking branches, mineral stump , running feeders, food plots and another elevated platform for a hunting blind. With all this hard work and money in food plots, running feeders and other chores, we hope it’s not in vain. The person who hunts the property next to us, never does anything to improve the deer habitat and doesn’t own the land, but puts his treestand 5 yards off the fence line pointing toward us.
My old buddy ran across the same problem. He went to the property line and nailed up some big unfolded cardboard boxes to the trees to block his view. The tripod stand was soon moved.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great video, nice touch with the soundtrack as usual, AllNirtoedUp,
About the "leech"-hunter, maybe hang a few sheets right at the fence line between his treestand and the plot of land you take care of and hunt.
Painting some choice images on the sheets may send an even more obvious message LOL! :cool:
Love it ! Lol

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
377 Posts
Nothing worse than a "J/O" hunter. SMH. If it won't hinder your hunting, I'd buy some coyote urine and squirt it all over his set up. Shooting on to private property is illegal in all jurisdictions. Make sure you remind him of that with a nice little "No Trespassing" poster that is signed in ink and states you will prosecute to the full extent of the law, right where he intends to look/shoot through. You can also add some "This property under 24hr video surveillance" signs. That will likely give him cold feet if the trespassing signs don't.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nothing worse than a "J/O" hunter. SMH. If it won't hinder your hunting, I'd buy some coyote urine and squirt it all over his set up. Shooting on to private property is illegal in all jurisdictions. Make sure you remind him of that with a nice little "No Trespassing" poster that is signed in ink and states you will prosecute to the full extent of the law, right where he intends to look/shoot through. You can also add some "This property under 24hr video surveillance" signs. That will likely give him cold feet if the trespassing signs don't.
Skunk spray! 👍🏼😄

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I had a neighbor that stood a ladder stand against our tree which was on our side of the property across the fence. LMAO! I simply pushed it over the fence. But he still wanted to hunt our land so he moved it about 150 yards up the fence row and put the ladder against a tree about 30 yards over the fence facing our property. He was also driving thru a drop down gate onto the property. I drove a tee post in the middle of the drop down gate which stopped that. They are poachers from just across the fence.

We also had a member that put a ladder stand at the inside corner of property lines on our property. The other property was cleared so naturally game might stay inside the woods on our property to cross that area but no always. Anyway the adjacent property owner had it in his mind our guy was hunting his pasture. I checked it out and there was a deer crossing about 30 yards from the ladder stand on our property so I did nothing. The owner put up a ground blind just across the fence to make his point. LOL! In a couple of years he backed off.

Reactions: allNitroedup

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,714 Posts

That is a neat way of making a licking branch! I though for some reason it needed to be a branch instead of a huge stick. LOL! Is it cedar or other and what do you spray on it. Your pee?

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
That is a neat way of making a licking branch! I though for some reason it needed to be a branch instead of a huge stick. LOL! Is it cedar or other and what do you spray on it. Your pee?
The ones I use are made from wild grape vines.
There are good YouTube videos on this.

Here’s a good video from someone I like to watch.

Reactions: GDog-Rick

·
Registered
377 Posts
Haven’t seen that in a while. Do they still make it.
They do indeed still make Skunk essence. I suggested Coyote urine because it will usually keep deer from that immediate area, as they fear for their lives. Besides, the J/O hunter would have NO IDEA he was being set up for failure, as he won't likely smell it like he would the skunk juice. That being said, sometimes animals do actually equate close by skunk spray with danger and can go on high alert, which is why I don't like it as a cover scent in my area.

·
Registered
10,454 Posts
Urine is urine once on the ground it quickly breaks down into an ammonia smell. That is why deer do not pay much attention to human pee.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They do indeed still make Skunk essence. I suggested Coyote urine because it will usually keep deer from that immediate area, as they fear for their lives. Besides, the J/O hunter would have NO IDEA he was being set up for failure, as he won't likely smell it like he would the skunk juice. That being said, sometimes animals do actually equate close by skunk spray with danger and can go on high alert, which is why I don't like it as a cover scent in my area.
I’ll try it if I can find it
Thank you

1 - 19 of 19 Posts