Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
6,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went Chukar hunting for the first time ever yesterday. We had french brittany dogs that pointed the birds for us. Our shots were fairly close as long as you hit them on the first one. It got me thinking, would it be possible to shoot one with a crossbow and one of those wire looking heads for birds. Also, I don't know how a flu flu arrow would shoot out of a crossbow. I was thinking of making one up and trying it. I'm guessing I would need to trim the bottom feather? What do you guys think? Anyone try this before. Also, would you guys be interested in watching it if I were to film it?
Let me know what you think.

·
329 Posts
UL,

i just cannot see you/anyone else HITTING one of those little rockets with a CB, except by sheer accident.

as an old (and now sadly departed) friend of mine used to say:

"I don't know whether those suckers are the hardest easy shooting or the easiest hard shooting there is , but i sure do miss a lot of them & waste a lot of 16 guage shells on 'em." ====> fwiw, "Bugs" Cross was a DEAD SHOT with that old Sweet 16.

rotfl.
yours, texasnative46

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Awe, you can do it! Go for it! If we can shoot squirrels, you can shoot Chukar.
It does sound like a Tred Barta type show. Can't wait to see it. It should at the least, be very entertaining. Good Hunting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts