Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay this is where I am at:

I either pull the trigger and buy a R29X or a RS470. Which I am having a hard time swallowing the price tags vs benefit on both. But would like peoples input on both?

Or:

I just go with a KI Pro 9.5 or the RDX 400 and not have buyers regret on the price tags?

Would like everyone's thought on it. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Okay this is where I am at:

I either pull the trigger and buy a R29X or a RS470. Which I am having a hard time swallowing the price tags vs benefit on both. But would like peoples input on both?

Or:

I just go with a KI Pro 9.5 or the RDX 400 and not have buyers regret on the price tags?

Would like everyone's thought on it. Thank you.
You just opened up a can of worms:eek:

Reactions: srvcman39

·
Registered
12,566 Posts
If you have the money to spare I will say go with whichever of the $3000 bows floats your boat. I would try to handle both first before making a decision if you have dealers close enough. But if this is your 1st crossbow and you would rather not spend all that $$$ I would go with the WR RDX 400 over the KI Pro 9.5.
To tell the truth I would wait till June and get the new Swat over all the above.

·
Registered
964 Posts
What is the RS470? If that’s the new reverse draw top end TenPoint I’d wait until you can go to a dealer and shoot it along eithevthe R29X and compare them. I know stores like Scheel’s in Fargo, ND will soon have all the new high end crossbows in.

·
Registered
13,759 Posts
$3000 for a crossbow? I'm glad that I don't even have to think about that one! he he he :D:D:D

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I would wait and try them all out. The KI Swat is the only bow that piques my interest.
Now if you need a crank,I would still try them out. You are putting out 3000 dollars and after six months,you will be lucky to get 2000 so you don’t want to end up with expensive buyers remorse...Jusy my .02.....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you have the money to spare I will say go with whichever of the $3000 bows floats your boat. I would try to handle both first before making a decision if you have dealers close enough. But if this is your 1st crossbow and you would rather not spend all that $$$ I would go with the WR RDX 400 over the KI Pro 9.5.
To tell the truth I would wait till June and get the new Swat over all the above.
I am fortunate to have every store near me. Thanks

·
9,819 Posts
I don't know … what an RS470 is but in lieu of it being under $1,500.00 I'd definitely go with option #2.

Reactions: srvcman39

·
Happy Member
5,773 Posts
I was

Just checked out the new Swat XP and you need their bolts (Specific to the Swat XP)? That is a huge turn off!
Where does it say that? All the arrows are 22” with flat nocks. There’s nothing special about those! I can’t find where it states that you must use their arrows?

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
503 Posts
See that is my exact thought $3k for a bow? I can afford it but it just seems wrong.
I have a R15 and R29 . Removing the scope etc. to press the R29 is a PITA. The R29 also seems harder on strings and cables. You might think about the R20.It is cheaper less trouble and shoots about as fast.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Where does it say that? All the arrows are 22” with flat nocks. There’s nothing special about those! I can’t find where it states that you must use their arrows?

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk
It just popped up on my Facebook page and shows you (They say it is a Swat XP bolt specifically designed for it?) Maybe you can use standard bolts but they didn't say that . Here is the link:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts