Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been in woods 4 times 3 with the Clipper and one with the Aculeus.Aculeus drew 1st blood. Finally saw something with the Clipper. I usually won't shoot a button but the little guy hung around for over an hour. He was as close as 3 yards and when it was time for me to head home he was between a tree I know is 40 yards and a rock at 47. I dialed the EZ dial to 40 and held 3" high. The arrow found its spot and the razor tip Grim Reaper did its job. A 30 yard run with a blood trail a blind man could see. Backstraps and tenderloins tonight. My wife wants stew meat so that's what the rest is being turned into

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
My object for hunting has ALWAYS been filling the freezer first. Well done my brother!

·
Crossbow Nut
3,100 Posts
Better a button than a breeding doe IMO. congrats!

Reactions: Rit

·
Registered
10,835 Posts
He was just going to go off and find his own place anyway. You killed somebody else's next years buck. :)
They do eat GOOD!!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Might have been a bears buck. I have 6 bear that I can't shoot. 4 times out saw 7 bear .

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Nice going Rit! I'd take a spike over a doe any day for the freezer! I keep seeing the same three deer on one of my cameras, a doe ,fawn and spike, The spike is history if I get a chance! Once I fill the freezer, I will get picky......

I'm down to three packs of deer sausage, not acceptable in my house ,LOL.

Reactions: burky247365 and Rit

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
The clipper scores !!!
Glad you bled that bow and got some tender vittles !!!!

Reactions: Oncebitten and Rit
1 - 9 of 9 Posts