Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at Hawke, Truglo opti speed and Killer instinct speedring. Anyone have experience with these? Recommend anything else?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have been looking at Hawke, Truglo opti speed and Killer instinct speedring. Anyone have experience with these? Recommend anything else?
I have purchased the Hawke Mod #12-221 which is XB1 1.5-5X32 and love it. Easy to sight in,can be used with red,green light or no light. The speed ring is accurate, scope works good in low light only thing bad scope is made in china,but nicely made. Best price is Wayvern Creation

·
Registered
341 Posts
I tried the KI Lumix Speed Ring but did not care for it. I now have one of the Ravin scopes from Wyvern and I like it much better than the KI.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
The Sierra3 from Sig is my suggestion. It sets a whole new standard for xbow scopes and offers smart scope technology at a very affordable price point. You won't have the objective lens illumination exposure all of your suggested scopes have and you would pickup full magnification function vs beinf locked down for speed compensation and you can setup as many or few reticles as you care to at yardages of your choice through the application.

You can find the 3.5-10X42 for about $350 on eBay and Optics Planet and from other distributors.

Siera3DBX.jpg

NitoXS3K2200.jpg

And the icing on the Sig cake is BDX auto ranging capability.
Bundle.jpg

This is a Sig video for the rifle application but it works the same for crossbows and they have a specific crossbow application.

Reactions: Nate21

·
Happy Member
5,283 Posts
I love my Hawke XB1 SR scopes. I have had the TactZone, TP Rangemaster, Tact-100 and the Ravin scopes. I still like the Hawke XB1 over the rest. Also it’s the clearest and when lit, there’s no halo effect. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Reactions: HORNS-A-PLENTY

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I have experience with the KI Speedring and the Hawke. The Hawke XB30 has superior functions for reticles and glass quality. Once the focus is set on the Hawke it can be left alone.

I didn't fine the KI Speedring scope the quality or function that worked for me. I tried two of them and neither were good enough so I went for a Hawke.

Reactions: HORNS-A-PLENTY

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have the Hawke Mod #12-221 I found it brand new still in the box for $100 off a local hunter from my area

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
That's a dandy! Congratulations!

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I have killed several bucks with the Tactzone -- no issues....

….but I never shoot over 25 yards...

Horns

·
Registered
294 Posts
If you don't want to break the bank, and want a decent illuminated scope (non speed rating) I have this on another crossbow, for the money about $45 it a very good scope
Looks like the one that came on my CP Tormentor;) I like it but still would like one of the more expensive ones, Speed Rings and Illumination

·
Registered
345 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I like the Hawke XB30 Pro and owned two of them. Great design but not very rugged as I broke both of them - Hawke replaced one and repaired the other. Also owned and really like the Trophy Ridge Speedcomp XV530IR (really just a Hawke clone). The TR worked just as well, I like the reticle better and it hasn’t broken yet.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
The top rated illuminated traditional scope today is TenPoint's EVO-X Marksman but it comes with a price that is typical for the market and similar to Hawke's XB30.

I just saw this posted on another forum and it's also a very nice xbow scope and for the price, it's a great buy.

New RangeMaster Pro

·
Registered
12,842 Posts
I am shooting with a Revenge from Redfield and the Nikon Bolt XR. Neither are illuminated but both are clear and holds light past legal shooting hours. Shooting any later than this for me cases problems (my eyes aint that good anymore). Ive been well pleased shooting out to 45 yards with both.

·
Registered
345 Posts
when I got my Centerpoint 415 I knew replacing the scope would be the first thing to do.....I wanted a speed rated scope, I decided on a Hawke 12221 I was set to buy it for $179, then found a local hunter to me with a brand new one, still in the box, never used and he asked for $100 I jumped on it, and glad I did.....I like it alot

1 - 20 of 29 Posts