Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The short stock on the older RDX models was always an issue for me and I see TP now has an extension kit they sell for some of their newer models. Does anybody know if I can get this kit to fit an older Horton Storm RDX and an older TP Carbon Nitro RDX which both have the exact same stock? I don't care about visual appearance at all if it's not flush or an exact fit. I would just want it to be fully functional and safe. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Is it possible to submit some side view pictures and one of the butt stock end of the crossbow?
Are you looking for a solid type spacer or something that is adjustable?

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can get a photo later today. I would just like something that would work to extend the stock 2-3 inches, solid or adjustable would work.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I can get a photo later today. I would just like something that would work to extend the stock 2-3 inches, solid or adjustable would work.
It depends on whether or not the holes line up. You could make your own spacer out of wood. It would be fairly easy to do if you have a jig saw and a drill.

·
TenPoint Representative
2,309 Posts
No, the Tactical Extension kit is not designed for those bows with the slot style stock end. You can make something work, I just don't think that is the right option. 2-3 inches of additional length of pull is a lot. Make sure you need that much.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, the Tactical Extension kit is not designed for those bows with the slot style stock end. You can make something work, I just don't think that is the right option. 2-3 inches of additional length of pull is a lot. Make sure you need that much.
Dam! I was hoping this kit would be a quick fix :) Thanks for the info. Anybody have any ideas for something quick and easy that would work? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
You could take a piece of wood and shape it to fit the outer area of the original butt
stock where it fits your shoulder. Figure how much extension length you require and
then shape that end to match what normally goes against the shoulder.

Once that piece is made up, remove the original butt. Drill a couple of holes and insert
the screws from inside the original butt and screw the new part to it. Re install the original
and you now have the extension you require. The addition could be stained to what ever
color you wish.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rabbit - Thanks for the great response. I'm not sure what route I'm going to take yet but your wood idea is definitely worth considering.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts