Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That was the reason i sold the MXB400. My MXBCharge & MXB320 were smaller n lighter. They had better handling n balance. That is the pro's n con's. I live in a 5 window skoolie, i have very little room my Mrs. has most of it for her junk. Downsizing is very tough on an older hunter & fisherman. She does not care a whit about it, so it does not count. Have sold all my rifles but one, she said either it went or the ML's. So i am working on a new home for it.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
That was the reason i sold the MXB400. My MXBCharge & MXB320 were smaller n lighter. They had better handling n balance. That is the pro's n con's. I live in a 5 window skoolie, i have very little room my Mrs. has most of it for her junk. Downsizing is very tough on an older hunter & fisherman. She does not care a whit about it, so it does not count. Have sold all my rifles but one, she said either it went or the ML's. So i am working on a new home for it.
Ouch!
But I hear.
I am offloading my recurves at this time. I have more need for the cash than I do the memories.

·
Registered
862 Posts
A small enclosed utility trailer pulled behind would make a great "man-cave" storage unit for your gear?? Plus, it would be a place you could use as your little work shop area and keep it out of the skoolie. Just a thought. 🤔

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A small enclosed utility trailer pulled behind would make a great "man-cave" storage unit for your gear?? Plus, it would be a place you could use as your little work shop area and keep it out of the skoolie. Just a thought. 🤔
We have a 24' cargo trailer i pull behind the skoolie. Its full of my wifes collection of junk through her walk in life. Now if she happens to pass on prior to me. I shall give it all away n sell the trailer. 9,000 lbs of weight i have to drag around up in the National forests to Boondock. Let me tell you its not easy to find places that big to turn around in.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had to look up "skoolie"

I am all in.

Quit work cash in and lets go. Tell the big boss to rope up.
Ours is a 5 window, we have 12' behind the bulkhead. Its a bit small to fit both of us & our 4 furbabies. Going to get a 3' x 7.5' sq. tubing rack made to fit on the back steel bumper. I don't like pulling the cargo trailer all over the place. I had rather rent a storage unit & come back every now & then to change out clothes for the seasons. I figured i can save up the loss of fuel per month to pay the rent. Plus less wear n tear on the skoolie

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well we left West Plains, Mo. cleared out storage unit n headed back for Capitan, N M. Made it to the 1st rest area past Shamrock, Tx. had a blow out on our cargo trailer. Got road service the next morning from Pav's tire shop in Groom, Tx. Paid out $331.29, had the other 3 tires aired up to 50 lbs. We found another tire s cord showing badly. We limped into their shop, had another new tire mounted n put on. They did a windsheild repair for us free cause we spent some samolians on new tires on trailer. We had China bombs on the trailer. They came on it when we bought it new 2 years ago, less than 10,000 miles on them. lionshead tires n wheels castle rock brand. They are some sorry tires

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To catch up on our traveling. We pulled into the Hammet Ranch on Capitan Gap Rd. have been here since July the 8th. Its been either raining or T- storms n overcast almost everyday. Have flies, knats n skeeters out the wazoo. Temps highest so far was 87, most of the time its low 80's. I killed a nasty Mr. No Shoulders too close to us here. Had 7 rattles n a button, about 4.5' long big around as my arm. So i have the MXB Charge sighted in with the Leupold 1x4 Firedot out to 60 yds. now n ready to go. I have my Lic. n deer tag in pocket. Season opens on Sept. 1st Forked antler or better is legal.My Sharple Abby had gooten into a Pot patch n she is still having siezures, been with the Vet. I V, valum n other Meds. trying to pull her out of a serious toxic overload. We got her back but siezures come at all times day n night. She is out of it, hardly can see, loses her bowels , p's on herself. I clean her up n hold her while she has siezures. My poor baby , somewhere down in her mind she is there. So i am dealing with a full platter between my Mrs. n Abby.

·
Banned
Let's Go Hunting!
2,827 Posts
Glad to here you've landed Mike. Sorry to hear of your troubles though. When you say pot patch are you referring to marijuana? If so the effects on your dog should be temporary. At least that's what I heard from a vet who is on a local radio program occasionally.

Glad to here you're ready to hunt. Just a couple more weeks til bear season here.
Praying you have a good season Mike. Also praying for the Mrs. and Abby.
Take care
Oncebitten

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Glad to here you've landed Mike. Sorry to hear of your troubles though. When you say pot patch are you referring to marijuana? If so the effects on your dog should be temporary. At least that's what I heard from a vet who is on a local radio program occasionally.

Glad to here you're ready to hunt. Just a couple more weeks til bear season here.
Praying you have a good season Mike. Also praying for the Mrs. and Abby.
Take care
Oncebitten
Yes she had ate a large amount, this has been going on 7 days. Vet said the blood showed terrible overload. Put her on I V n meds for several days. Still on meds but with us n still having too many siezures. She does not know where she is, functions on instinct alone

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yesterday was one of the worst days of my life. It was for my Gussie as she crossed the Rainbow Bridge n is waiting on me. Gussie was most 13 yrs old n a bit deaf. I was walking with her n my 2 other girls Abby on a leash as she vision problems from the M Jane intake. Trash truck came rolling about35-40 mph. I was flagging hime to stop my Gussie was in the road n did not see it. He never put on brakes just slightly swerved hit her killed her. blood splattered my socks. I am screaming at him he just kept going. I am crying n i take my 2 other girls back to skoolie. Get it ready to roll took a tote went to Gussie. I picked up what was left of her n all her parts n put in tote n blocked the road. Ended up with Sheriff's Deputies coming for me. He had no remorse about it . at 1st til he changed his words when Deputies talked to him. I/we drove 75 miles to Roswell N M to have her cremated. This took some thingout of me, don't think i will ever be the same. I very much wanted n eye foe n eye but i have my Mrs. n the 3 other furbaby girls to take care

·
Registered
Ravin R 26 Burris Oracle (Eleanor4)
2,167 Posts
So sorry for your loss. My dog is getting older and I know one day this time will come. Dogs are a gift from God. I’m sorry yours was taken from you by a careless driver.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss of your furry friend. It's even more tragic in the way it happened with you witnessing. Keep strong and enjoy the good memories now.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Sorry to hear about your dog. I know that feeling and its so tough.
Lost ours 18 months ago. Finally got a new pup this past march.
Dog Plant Carnivore Dog breed Fawn

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry to hear about your dog. I know that feeling and its so tough.
Lost ours 18 months ago. Finally got a new pup this past march.
View attachment 204528
Yes sir when you bring them into your home n heart. The loss of them is a very tough pill to swallow. The emptyness when things happen is a terrible pain. Nothing will ever bring them back

1 - 20 of 190 Posts