Crossbow Nation banner
181 - 190 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
It's been one of those mornings ! I got out Banshee n had my striker BH all ready on a Mission/Victory 20" arrow. At 5 yards i shot my 18-1 target, dead center. I was making sure to hit the BH target. Went to pull it no trouble til i got a bit over halfway out. Then the BH n insert stayed in target. Boyhidey did i fly hot, mad at Victory arrow Company cheese eating sob's. I hate paying the high price n then the product is a piece of POOP ! Now i have to cut open a real good target to get that insert-BH out, it can't stay cause sooner or later i will hit it. Looks like this coming friday morning it will be cool enough for me to go back hunting
Nothing worse than losing an insert in the
18-1 Mike. Well maybe there is something worse. I was letting my daughter shoot my Custom Micro 360 when I heard a strange noise. Tink...tinkk....tinktinktinktinktink I thought the limb was giving out so we left it on the rest and backed up a bit. Big ol limb sliver! Yup, shes done! Man that sucks! My daughter had just shot consecutive bullseyes at 20, 30, and 40yds. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Glad I got backups!
Good luck getting that insert out of there Mike. I have used some really long needle nose pliers but it's always a pain in the rear!
Take care and be well Sir
Corey

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
Nothing worse than losing an insert in the
18-1 Mike. Well maybe there is something worse. I was letting my daughter shoot my Custom Micro 360 when I heard a strange noise. Tink...tinkk....tinktinktinktinktink I thought the limb was giving out so we left it on the rest and backed up a bit. Big ol limb sliver! Yup, shes done! Man that sucks! My daughter had just shot consecutive bullseyes at 20, 30, and 40yds. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Glad I got backups!
Good luck getting that insert out of there Mike. I have used some really long needle nose pliers but it's always a pain in the rear!
Take care and be well Sir
Corey
Corey morning to ya, longest needle nose i have are 3.5". Hey i can make a good slit n try it

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
Mike if you have a gun cleaning rod or can borrow one the broadhead will screw into the cleaning rod. It should easily slip into the hole in the target and then you will have to maneuver it by feel to match the 2 ends up.
Robert you n couple other good members gave that very good advice. After i had posted this, i went out with a big knife n cut it out. If i can get a pic made with my cell cam i will post it. Victory's inserts are slotted n the end is double cut knurled not glued. They just push them into the shaft n hope they grip n not slip. I will never buy another Victory arrow in my lifetime

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
This be a better morning shooting. Started at 10 yards n shot every 5 yards out to 40. It's hitting 3.5" low at 40 yards but center of dot on windage. So Banshee is ready with G5 Striker 100 gr fixed 3 blade BH's. So let some tick toters ease up the my range so Bloody Vampire can put the hurt on one. Then Banshee gets her turn. Let me say for those who wonder on the low hitting. I have a 1x4 Loopy shotgun scope with the one xhair

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
Arrrghh, things beyond my control. Farm i get to hunt on, they open the section where the 2 acre clover plot is n my ground blind. The Moo's about 40 of them are in there, they ate all the clover. So were 2/3 weeks out from white oak acorns dropping. I hung my other climber with-in 50 yards of 3 big white oaks loaded with acorns. So i will hunt over in the green field n other ground blind

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
I have been doing some serious pondering on BH's. I am in need of both type of targets. So i am thinking to use up my fixed heads. Then i don't have to buy a $125-$175 quality BH target. I can just buy a quality Spyderweb 24".

·
Registered
Excalibur Equinox, Micro Mag 340
489 Posts
Thats I've just stuck with the factory Excalibur 150gr field points & 150gr Boltcutters broadheads the past 10-15 years. They work perfect! Always hit exactly the same as one another, including with my new Micro Mag 340. My last block broadhead target lasted me 12 years. Just replaced with a Big Shot broadhead target, I expect that to last me another 10 years! I mostly practice with the field tips in the Hurricane Cat 5 $59 bag target.

181 - 190 of 190 Posts