Crossbow Nation banner
141 - 160 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
We have been informed by our landlordess that they will not extend the lease. Her husband took note that i had really cleaned up the house inside n out.So he said he could get triple the rent money now. The foundation is sinking, there is not a level floor in it. I mean some of the rooms are 3" low in 12' run. The roof leaks, the front room wall is cracked most a foot wind rips through the crack.I have it covered with card board Front door sags so bad the wind blows through it n so on. I told them we would not pay $600 a month, & the ceiling is cracking n sinking down. So last day in this house is April 30th. They have another house 60 yards north of us we see it out the window. Its empty, She wants us to move there. They have 3/4's of it filled with the storage stuff. It has a veggie cellar dirt under the back third n i looked at it but you can see the root cellar through the floor cracks. Bet its cold as ice in the Winter, No cellar doors wide open. Its really nothing more than a shack , have to put up electric n water deposits. I can just see n watch my Mrs. as she goes over there to ck it out. This should be videoed

• Wow
Reactions: JOE PA

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Cumberland n the Ohio rivers are flooding, have been watching from my front window. In Dec. they were flooding also, but stopped 14' prior to the road level in front here at the house. I walked over to look again this morning. It will be at the level on the power pole it was in Dec. with another 1' rise. Its suppose to crest on Tues., it is rising at 2-2.5' every 24 hrs. So Sat. it will be higher than it was in Dec. I am not liking the rise, if it goes over the tops of the Willows its time for me to load all our stuff into the cargo trailer. Lots of work on me, will have to fill up another gas can n change the Generator oil. Need Gen. to power both the freezers if put into the trailer. Still have another 38 hrs. i can afford to just watch

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
Well the small willows went under just before dark. Only 11' til the river is on the road n over it. Speck with-in an hour of that i will be walking in water in the house. I will get up before light drink coffee n start packing our totes n the trailer. Its rising twice as fast today, has came up 5' in 16 hours.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Be careful Mike and don't take any chances, hope it slows for ya and life gets a little less hectic, but take care!

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
Morning friends, i got up at 3:40 am n ck'ed river. Only a 6" rise est. so the Ms. is letting the Ohio flow well, letting the Cumberland start draining better. Of course that is very good in my book, 5' rise in 24 hours is scary for an older slowed down person. We all know how it is when younger. I could pack-up n be out of here in 36 hours by myself. Now that's how long it takes to get all our things packed.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Looks like your prayers are answered this round Mike, a little back to normal for now. good talkin to ya my friend! But with all the spring rains come'n shortly stay on yer toes and keep them eagle eyes on that big ole river,,, take care Mike!

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
Morning y'all, they have opened some spillway levels on the big 2 lakes, Barkley n Ky. This is a tough area on water levels. The 2 big lakes plus the Ohio, the Cumberland & the Tn. rivers. Are all in a 20 mile circle. Then they try to empty into the Ms.

• Wow
Reactions: JOE PA

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
Sounds like it's a never ending situation living so close to the rivers. Stay safe and always be on alert.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
Morning latest is i just looked at river, it's 8' below road top. We made a new rental agreement with a Lady up in Burna away from these river stress points. We can start moving our stuff to bldg. this week. Will move in May 1st. I am going to change trail cam cards n move cam this week.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
We have slowly been moving up to Burna 7 miles North of Smithland. Cumberland river is back to normal. I am hoping not too many rain days this month. It about stops my moving out process, i am slow now n does not take alot to get worn out. Have an appt. to see Dentist April 11th. going to get the bottom teeth pulled from the last small tree that hit me in the mouth few years back. They are all dying n causing plenty of pain n discomfort. So i am tired of feeling poorly n need to get them gone. I have a eye appt. for pre cataract surgery later this month, get all the tests done

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
good luck Mike, it's always something in these oh so Golden Years!!! Hope all goes well fer ya, and your back to feeling and seeing well soon!

I'm back doing pretty good with shoulder, now back to them knees, was think'n maybe forget them this year again, but with this weather flip floppin the last couple weeks they are really let'n me know, I gotta do something or forget anything but hunt'n close to a truck. These Golden Years are not what there cracked up to, at least for those of us that been hard on ourselves, but they sure beat the alternative!!

Good luck Mike!!!

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
good luck Mike, it's always something in these oh so Golden Years!!! Hope all goes well fer ya, and your back to feeling and seeing well soon!

I'm back doing pretty good with shoulder, now back to them knees, was think'n maybe forget them this year again, but with this weather flip floppin the last couple weeks they are really let'n me know, I gotta do something or forget anything but hunt'n close to a truck. These Golden Years are not what there cracked up to, at least for those of us that been hard on ourselves, but they sure beat the alternative!!

Good luck Mike!!!
Well Bob we just used up our bodies in the money seeking days. Yup i have same trouble with all of mine.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Yes we did Mike, and still doing it our way sticken it in for ourselves,,, but I truly would have done most them money makin days for free, just to have the privilege to do them. Most will never truly love doing what they do to make money sadly,,, but I truly miss them days and the adrenaline rushes that went with much of them. Get paid for it was the bonus!

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·
Yes we did Mike, and still doing it our way sticken it in for ourselves,,, but I truly would have done most them money makin days for free, just to have the privilege to do them. Most will never truly love doing what they do to make money sadly,,, but I truly miss them days and the adrenaline rushes that went with much of them. Get paid for it was the bonus!
Things never change, we just move slower n hurt more. I truely miss my pipewelding days out of the Union. Working with my Pa, Uncles, Cousins n friends.

141 - 160 of 190 Posts