Crossbow Nation banner
161 - 180 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
Well i got my 8 bottom teeth pulled today. Had to get 2 rounds of shots to get everything numb. Now i don't have a tooth in my head. Have heck of a neck n headache

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Hopefully this will get you back feeling better Mike,,, hang in there my friend!

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
Good morning to y'all. Yup have some pain, nothing i can't handle. I turned down the pain script. Now everyday on the healing i will be helping my body. Getting rid of all that infection from the bad teeth. So i feel i will be in better health from now on

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
Morning have been moving to the Bunker up the road 9 miles in Burna, Ky. Should have rest of our belongings out this week. The wet season here has had me not able to load much, plus the body is much slower. What i could do in a day now takes 3. Then i have to rest for 2, getting cataract surgery on left eye on the 25th

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
It's been awhile, got moved to Bunker. Had a bad storm of heavy rains n high winds. Bunker leaks water poured though the center wall into the living room. Few inches deep, took a big wet vac n pumped right at 140 gals. My bottom jaw/gum is healing well, all the infection has about cleared out. Finally got my left eye cataract surgery done on Monday. My eye pressure has went down n eye is healing. Can't see well enough yet to say if i can see more clearly yet, i sure am hoping. I used to have 20/20 n never wore glasses til cataracts came in. Having the very hot heat wave most all are having. Have 2 small n 1 med. sized fans going 24 -7 to keep temps in here bearable. I have an a/c but can't lift it up to put in place till my eye surgery heals. I will be able to shoot once this eye heals n the heatwave clears out. Took my rear sight off my t/c .45 Hawken, have a contender lobo scope base that matches those rear sight holes. Will mount my red/gn dot on it n sight in for early ML season. Yup they give us 2 days the 3rd week in Oct. I plan on filling my/our freezer full this year

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
Morning i have an area where i can shoot out to 100 yds. Right now i have it only weed whacked to 25 yds. Just shot Bloody Vampire n she is perfect at 20 yds. So in a few more minutes i will get out my weed eater n clear out to 40 yds. Its a fine day n 42 days til opener here for me

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
I shot several times at 30 yds. hitting an inch high even though i have set speed ring. I will shoot 40 yds in the morning. I will see how the elevation does

·
5,493 Posts
Good for you, Mike! I have my two recurves and the Burky bow dialed in out to 50. The Darton is on but just needs a minor scope ring tweak. Nice to feel ready.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
Its raining so no shooting nor weed whacking this morning. I have pondered the Mission new model for 2022 thing. Have made up my mind that if they bring one forth. I will sell my MXB320, buy the Sub-1 Lite model at 6.9 lbs. I can scope it n rings & keep it at the 7.5 lb area

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
Sunday is our opener here, i am ready so to speak. Today i will pack my back-pack with all needed equipment.
I am a very proud Pa n the reason is my youngest son passed his tests. He is now a Pilot on a Tow Barge line. He works for a Barge line down in La. n over through east Tx.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
Well Sat. 3rd was actual opener, but i made a boo boo. I did not go as i helped a friend put on mower belts on my old riding lawn mower. I got out Monday morning, saw 2 Doe's they both got about 80 yards from ground blind. They did not cotton to it being there & jumped property fence n left me by myself. I got all the brush trimmed from entrance n roof area. I put my seat inside, i am ready now. Them tick toters just need to get over the blind being up n there. Looks like i will get to go Friday morning

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
Thanks for the report Blacktail. Atleast you seen a couple which is more than I usually see to begin with. Ha!:)

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
It's been one of those mornings ! I got out Banshee n had my striker BH all ready on a Mission/Victory 20" arrow. At 5 yards i shot my 18-1 target, dead center. I was making sure to hit the BH target. Went to pull it no trouble til i got a bit over halfway out. Then the BH n insert stayed in target. Boyhidey did i fly hot, mad at Victory arrow Company cheese eating sob's. I hate paying the high price n then the product is a piece of POOP ! Now i have to cut open a real good target to get that insert-BH out, it can't stay cause sooner or later i will hit it. Looks like this coming friday morning it will be cool enough for me to go back hunting

161 - 180 of 190 Posts