Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had this pop up for a recommendation on Amazon. Took me about 3 seconds to "swipe to buy".

Has anyone used it? Seems like it would be really nice to get to harder to reach places like center serving on a Swat or onto cables where they go under the riser. Thoughts?

Liquid Bottle Paint Fluid Personal care

·
Premium Member
4,463 Posts
IIRC, that's the stuff that Bunny recommends all the time.
I think RobertYB and maybe even FarmDeer (and I'm sure many others I can't recall) use it, too.
Thanks for the reminder, been meaning to scoop some up myself!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think RobertYB and maybe even FarmDeer (and I'm sure many others I can't recall) use it, too.
Yeah a bunch of guys, myself included, use the grease in the jar but I have never seen it in a spray bottle before. I have some liquid silicon I have tried before and I just make a mess with it. Seems like this you could just spray on and it would be less wasteful. Like Yelpy said, would probably work on rails pretty good 2.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have been using this product for awhile now, and it does a great job at dressing strings and cables. I still use Trident,but find this easier to work with.
Liquid Solution Bottle cap Bottle Fluid

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
No, I haven’t tried it but I have a feeling that you just cost me $13. :ROFLMAO:
I have the regular Trident silicone in a 2oz jar - it could last me forever.

But this could cost me $13 as well. Looks like a pump bottle rather than an aerosol.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
When I checked Amazon this one popped up - looks like an aerosol spray.

If it has the little red tube for directional spray then it would be great to spray into the little nooks and crannies.

Liquid Bottle Bottle cap Fluid Plastic bottle

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
65 Posts
There is silicone that has a long needle type spout so you can get it tight spots, no a spray but drip/squirt nozzle. Can't remember brand but thought I got on Amazon.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
I don’t think it is any different than this. 100% food grade silicone.

I get Superlube free. Lots of it. Haven't used it on my strings and cables but it sure is some awesome stuff!!!

I get the silicon grease and aerosol spray lubricant.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have been using this product for awhile now, and it does a great job at dressing strings and cables. I still use Trident,but find this easier to work with.
View attachment 206590
I have some of this same stuff. With my depth perception issues I can really make a mess with it! 🤣

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
This is what I am using and have had good success. I put a wee bit on with a small paint brush.
This is not the liquid type.
Bottle Liquid Ingredient Paint Drink

The amount of shooting I have been doing and I am putting it on sparingly. A jar may last 2 months.
There are days I shoot close to 100 shots to upwards of 150, shooting nearly every day. Depending
on the number of arrows I shoot before retrieving them (8 or 12) this is how often the crossbows get
lubed.
Being I live in Canada and import from the U.S. I bring in 4 jars at a time which costs me very little
more for shipping than bringing in single jars. Some sellers are pretty good this way. Others may give
a partial shipping discount while others, one pays the full price as if they bought single, yet when one
receives the product it is all in one package, which shows they are making money on shipping as well.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I don’t think it is any different than this. 100% food grade silicone.

Wait, you use liquid, grease, and wax? I just ordered the grease today as my cables are a bit dry after 50 shots with only the Scorpion wax. I guess I need the liquid now too…lol!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have a large can of silicone spray I bought from an auto-parts retail store (cost about $10) - tried it on crossbows and not much good, but essential for PCP air rifles, as silicone does not eat away those black neoprene seals like petroleum based oils and sprays do

After trying rail lube, beeswax, etc. I have settled on petroleum jelly now for slide rail and string lubrication

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Wait, you use liquid, grease, and wax? I just ordered the grease today as my cables are a bit dry after 50 shots with only the Scorpion wax. I guess I need the liquid now too…lol!
All you require is the Trident Silicone Grease. applied lightly to the cables,
bow string, servings and a light coat on the rail. A wee bit goes a long way.
50 shots between lubrications is a way too many.
Wax will dry out and gum up, so this is why I never use it.

Wishing you all the best .
Take care.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts