Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I do not know where I got this bottle from. Somebody must have sent it to me. About 2 weeks ago, I tried it on the SWAT XP. Everywhere: under the rail where the cables cross, on the rail where the string lightly rubs, on the string and cables (strands and serving).
After 70 shots, the string and cables looked like I had just put lub on them. Same on the other parts.
This pure silicon seems to last better than any other products I’ve used.
Is there a downside? Others’ experiences?

·
Registered
85 Posts

I do not know where I got this bottle from. Somebody must have sent it to me. About 2 weeks ago, I tried it on the SWAT XP. Everywhere: under the rail where the cables cross, on the rail where the string lightly rubs, on the string and cables (strands and serving).
After 70 shots, the string and cables looked like I had just put lub on them. Same on the other parts.
This pure silicon seems to last better than any other products I’ve used.
Is there a downside? Others’ experiences?
Bunny rabbit has been recommending this for at least a couple of year. I used it on my Swats after getting them this past year and have had the same experiences as you have. Same on my Excals, Barnetts, and Centerpoint.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I've been using it on my oft shot CP Patriot 415 and it lasts much longer than the few other lubes I've tried. I bought a 2 oz. jar off Amazon for $10-$12. If all I ever use it for is crossbow lube that jar should last a long, long time. At Bunny Rabbit's suggestion I use it on the rail, string, cables and serving too.

Reactions: SEW

·
8,890 Posts
WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. :p Of course EVERY product on the planet causes harm to you if you live in California...lol 😂

(Just kidding you SEW)

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
I've used per bunnyrabbits recommendation and haven't look for another product since. Very affordable and wonderful flight rail lubricant.

Reactions: PBR and SEW

·
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. :p Of course EVERY product on the planet causes harm to you if you live in California...lol 😂

(Just kidding you SEW)
Butch,
I'm naive, but not THAT naive.

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
I swear by that stuff... I mixed some graphite and polymeric wax into mine and it works fantastic! I mainly use it where the cables cross under the rail and on the center serving.....

·
1,627 Posts
I have been using Trident for over a year now but I am also trying out some liquid silicone used in acrylic mold pouring. So far so good!

Reactions: SEW and Martymig

·
Registered
89 Posts
Been using it for awhile now. Seem's to be great stuff, no problems. A little goes a long,long way. I use it for the flight rail mostly.

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
I find that the pure silicone grease and oils that Boo mentioned work best for those troubled areas where the bare cables will fray or center serving will wear very quickly. I don't use it for an overall string conditioner, just those troubled, high friction areas that need the extra TLC...

·
Registered
534 Posts
Marty, do you think it can cause any issues using it as a string conditioner?

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
Marty, do you think it can cause any issues using it as a string conditioner?
No I don't think it would... I personally just like to use a thick and tacky wax for the strings. This grease is a great lubricant and I just like to use it for that....

·
Registered
1,760 Posts

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
Interesting stuff! I may have to find myself some. Thanks!
It's right on Amazon... there's diferent sizes tubs of it. Get the bigger sized, it's a 1 ounce tub. I got both so that I can carry one in my pocket when I head outdoors, the 1/4 ounce you see in the photos..

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Guess who bought the last one!

·
Registered
823 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts