Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been all caught up hunting Colorado, adding a new Xbow for my 2020 hunting endeavors and just purchased a bass boat in my recent retirement. It's been almost a month but today I got out to shoot my TS370. I can't express enough what a joy it is to shoot my Barnett TS370. The cost was less then $250, I did shim the riser to level the bowstring and I had FD customize the the Carbon Express CCD system to work on my Xbow. It's worth every penny!!! It's nice to shoot and stay seated to easily cock my Xbow with my Carbon Express CCD crank setup.

Note: I only practice shooting at 40 yards these days in my backyard and today was no different. Grouping all in the bullseye zone after four shots from my shooting stick. I haven't shot this Xbow in over a month. What an impressive setup. Now I won't say I will not buy another Xbow but I really don't need to. I'm shooting 425 grain arrows at 368fps. I think I have more then enough Xbow for that 20-35 yard shot ;) and I won't hesitate on an open field to take that 50 yard shot (out of my blind) in right conditions. This Xbow setup is that accurate. Last year I took a fat ass doe at 47 yards and she didn't; go 30 yards (double lung). I'd say this Xbow is hunt ready!

Get After It!

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a bruin 410 that I feel the same about hope you the best this year hunting
Yea, there are lots of unassuming gems out there. I've seen the Bruin 410. Looks impressively stout and well built.

Good luck to you as well.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I can't say enough about this little gem. I bought it as a back-up but after shooting it all summer, it is going to be my primary bow this season. It's lightweight and shootability are top notch in my opinion. It's easy to handle and is a very smooth shooter. I'm getting 360 fps out of a 425 grain arrow. I would not hesitate to shoot at 40yds. And probably more under the right circumstances. And Tom, congrats on your retirement. I too just retired this summer. I also saw in another post your connection to Ft. Wayne. I live about 35 miles SW of there, near Marion. Good luck this season.

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
Tom, dint know you retired. Congrats.:) You too Pastorjim.:) Probably another year and some change for me.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tom, dint know you retired. Congrats.:) You too Pastorjim.:) Probably another year and some change for me.
Gabowman, Thanks! Just started bass fishing again. 10/15/2020, Alabama archery only hunt season starts.

Duty calls! Going down to Orange Beach, AL. Hurricane Sally touched my family and did notable damage to my daughter and husband's home. Fortunately, they evacuated two days ago.

The luxuries of retirement. I'm going down on Friday and staying until things are back in place then help their neighbors. Taking 5 RTIC coolers of ice for them and some neighbors. No ice anywhere down there at this time. Gonna have to load up generators, wet vac, carpet cleaner and my trusty work gloves.

There house is one of very few still in tack. They were quite fortunate. Most of the homes have 4' of water in them from the flooding. Fortunately, they only have 1" in their house. The pics look horrible.

Mother Nature can be brutal when you are in her path of destruction. Good thing their family was safe, north near my home in Birmingham.

Pray for those less fortunate. Family strong!

Reactions: JOE PA

·
2,800 Posts
Good for you, Tom. That goes for the weapon that gives you confidence, and going to help where you are needed. I’m retired 10 years, and volunteering to raise and distribute food, as well as home repairs to help those who can’t afford it keep me pretty busy. Hope your daughter’s home isn’t too badly damaged. God bless.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
Heck of a way to start your retirement Tom, but atleast you have the time to help. Glad your daughter's house wasnt any worse as it sounds like a lot of people lost everything. All that matters is they are safe. Even though it's gonna be a lot of work enjoy the time you spend helping your daughter and then get back to 'Bama and get after them deers.;):)

Reactions: TomOnTheRun

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Take lots of bottled water. Drinking water could be contaminated. Toilet paper. Stores will get emptied.
HT, Funny your wrote that. I just added that to my list. Thanks! Good call on TP too.

They purchased 5 acres 50 miles north of Orange Beach. to keep their Trailer and create and small hunting get away area in between some great private property. My son in-law has his chain saw going. He's advanced two hundred yards. Has heavy duty tractor equipment he plans to take to their home and clear path so I can haul their trailer there to stay while we cleanup the place and help others in his neighborhood. He's not sure the condition of the trailer. This is what he has to go through to get there. He has 400 more yards to go to clear a path. The destruction is ominous.

So many paved roads are washed away.

Thanks for the support CBN family. In less then 18 hours I'm going to get quite muddy and dirty. o_O

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Congrats on your retirement. I retired two years ago. Never regret it. You can't take it (money) with you. LOL

Reactions: TomOnTheRun

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He has already cut through

1 - 15 of 15 Posts