Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

I installed my new Triggertech red straight lever today and went out to the range.

After just 2 shots I noticed that the Lever was severly bent. Is this normal? Does it just not fit my Micro 340TD? Can I do something about it?

Bending it back would be an Option but that won't solve the Problem.

I attached a pictrue

Thanks!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Almost seems nearly impossible to get that to happen from a shot? Are you sure you didn't accidentally wedge or impact something from behind it?

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I don't see how that can happen, you cannot do it cocking it, and you cannot do it pulling the trigger. That was done either on purpose, or was installed that way. Just no way to physically do it without using leverage.

I don't think you noticed it when installing it, but if not dropped, or done using a mechanical lever for leverage, that material is to strong, and short to not know it was being bent if done by hand, it can't happen!

Reactions: robertyb

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't see how that can happen, you cannot do it cocking it, and you cannot do it pulling the trigger. That was done either on purpose, or was installed that way. Just no way to physically do it without using leverage.

I don't think you noticed it when installing it, but if not dropped, or done using a mechanical lever for leverage, that material is to strong, and short to not know it was being bent if done by hand, it can't happen!
Absolutly!

But no, I didn't wedge something behind it, bend it with my hands, or drop it.

It was perfect when I first installed it and had bent after the 2 shots. I carefully bent it back in shape using soft pliers and the same thing happend again.

I did some further investigation and found out that the trigger touchs the stock quite a bit. It seems like that when fired the Lever gets flicked against the plasic stock with mighty force, enough force to bend it. This is probably causing the sound.

·
1,696 Posts
Pull the trigger back. You’ll find that the tip of the lever contacts the trigger guard. You must have very strong Peter pointer and need to relax. Using the OE trigger lever, some of them get stuck back in the trigger guard.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pull the trigger back. You’ll find that the tip of the lever contacts the trigger guard. You must have very strong Peter pointer and need to relax. Using the OE trigger lever, some of them get stuck back in the trigger guard.

Thanks for the Reply,

But as I said I am definitely not pressing to hard. I come from a target shooting background and have quite abit of experience regarding this field

I still haven't figured out the cause.

Ed from Triggertech couldn't help me either but will ship me a new one if I can't fix the current one. Great customer Service!

·
1,696 Posts
Thanks for the Reply,

But as I said I am definitely not pressing to hard. I come from a target shooting background and have quite abit of experience regarding this field

I still haven't figured out the cause.

Ed from Triggertech couldn't help me either but will ship me a new one if I can't fix the current one. Great customer Service!
I’ll believe you but only because you have good taste in cars!

·
274 Posts
I guess the trigger is hardened and tempered . It may have not been hardened and tempered correctly and it may still be soft .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts