Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have tri pods mounted on our crossbows for long range shooting and for ground blind hunting, with a quick disconnect for cocking is really nice and very accurate, we use regular tripods like use on cameras and stoney point tripods, on rear stock but only need 2 of the 3 legs, with swivel quick disconnect.
I got the idea when i saw a pic of the predator at crossbow review mounted on a tripod and just had to try it,

I have the stoney point on rear sling attachment with quick disconnect and camera tripod on front, just mounted the camera attachment to hand grip with stock screw was fast and easy,My little kids, are able to shoot with out having to hold the weight of crossbows just point and shoot, really good experience for them, They really enjoy it and for me sitting in ground blind without having to hold all day is a pleasure,the front tripod has a swivel when a deer is close just pull rear tripod of stock silently and zing you are ready..I only need 2 of the 3 legs for the rear stock,The extra weight is not enough to worry about slips into my ground blind bag.. You can get a really nice camera tripod at wally world for a little money..with all the cool features.

C

·
0 Posts
Interesting:cool: It would be nice to see a picture if possible and to know the name/description of the Walmart tri /bi pod. Would also like to know how to attach/detach from sling swivel. Thanks:)

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mx 1000 tripod from wallmart

mx 1000 tripod from wall mart and stoney point bipod with swivel disconnect for rear stock sling but you only need 2 legs for rear of the 3 legs
mx 1000 will hold all the weight and has a swivel and heavy duty but light in weight lots of adjustments..

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pic from crossbow review

pic from crossbow review were i first saw a crossbow on tripod and just had to try it myself,
This is not mx1000 tripod but is nice I think most tripods for camera will work. attach camera attachment to fore stock as shown with factory screw, and use the quick disconnect and lock feature that comes with tripod,
Dagriz yes, that is were i got the stoney point for rear of stock and quick diconnect, and is very silent to disconnect and you can still use your sling to carry crossbow to woods or target area

Attachments

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
Whats wrong with Sling Sticks? Seems a lot easier than a tripod. I wouldn't lug a tripod hunting but for target shooting it seems like a heck of an idea. I use a shooting table and sand bags currently. I think the tripod idea could grow on me.

·
Banned
364 Posts
Sling sticks work great as other two legged shooting sticks or bipods. Using a camera tripod is foolish overkill if you ask me.

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
Hey Griz I think I've seen that pic before.:ack2:

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
coyote ground bling thumper

One of my Kids crossbows,
coyote ground blind thumper with wallmart t1000 tripod and stoney point tripod on rear stock with quick release and 2008 night vision scope, very clear with red lighted reticle, great night vision scope..by atncorp.com
a effective coyote hunting crossbow set up,,horton 160 legend crossbow

Attachments

·
665 Posts
man thats the cats ass, that would be nice for a beat up and bang up guy like my self

1 - 11 of 11 Posts